Crager SS pros and cons? - Team Camaro Tech
Wheels & Tires What fits what?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 07, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ted

Crager SS pros and cons?

I am looking at a set of barely used Crager SS 14 x 8 wheels, 5x4.75, 4.5 that are unilug design. They have 4 1/4" bs with near new tires(215/R70/14). I like the old school look but am also interested in th 17" TTII's. What are the pros and cons of the old Crager SS wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 07, 09:47 AM
Team Member
Rob

Re: Crager SS pros and cons?

1st Gen Camaro? If so, yes I agree ... love the loook of those Cragers on these cars. I would perfer 15 inch over the 14's but if it's a really good deal ...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 07, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by no69x-44 View Post
1st Gen Camaro? If so, yes I agree ... love the loook of those Cragers on these cars. I would perfer 15 inch over the 14's but if it's a really good deal ...
Yes these would be going on my 69 camaro. I have just finished with my suspension rebuild and wheels are my next purchase. Currently I have 14" ralleys on.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 07, 10:10 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

The Crager SS's are great looking wheels. I have 15's on mine. You have to stay on top of them with wheel wax though. My car has never seen rain or bad weather since I put them on, but they still seem to get little pits of rust here and there, just keep lots of coats of wax on them and you should be fine.

'67 Marina Blue Convertible. L30, PG. All numbers match, 41k original miles.

"The only time you have too much fuel, is when you're on fire"
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 07, 11:09 AM
Senior Tech
Steps

I have 14s on mine...I like the look of 15s better and the 15s are a biyt better for highway cruise.
The SS was 1st designed/relesed in 1969, with the curves of that period muscle car in mind...They dont suit the degines of cars of latter yrs, thu yet sill look good.
Yes I know of several others who have had problems with surface rust, mainly from there dog cocking a leg on them.
I have had mine on for over a yr now, and its a daily driver.
When purchased, they came with a pack of polish, and instructions as to up keep and maintaince....also warrantee viod if not carried out!!! (New Zealand)
I do not wash with detergents, just water...that way the protective layer of polish is not removed when cleaning.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 07, 01:29 PM
Senior Tech
phil

here the 15 SS cragar
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 07, 02:43 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rich

ss cragers
with spinner center caps, even better!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 07, 09:49 AM
Senior Tech
Jim

Oh No! No spinners. Cragers and Camaros were made to go together.

Daddy's Hot Rod.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 07, 11:33 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I love Cragars!
But I do prefer more modern sizes. As a bonus, no more unilug on the 16's (front) and 17's (rear)

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 07, 12:48 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Send a message via Yahoo to Camaro67_rcl

How about Camaro's & Keystone Klassics ?

Rick
67 RS/SS 355, Autogear M21 (w/Overdrive), 8.5w/3.42

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 07, 01:06 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Keystone Klassics are kool... on Chevelles

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old Jan 31st, 07, 01:47 PM
Senior Tech

i used to have a set of 14x7 cragar wheels. I liked the look.

although the unilug setup was a complete pain to put back on the car after taking the wheel off. You almost need 3 hands to line up the bolts
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 07, 12:34 PM
Senior Tech
Kyle

I have heard that they are now making the cragars in a bigger wheel like 17 or 19" is this true??

1969 Z/28 CLONE 350
4 SPD MUNCIE,
4 WHEEL DISK BRAKES,
4:11 POSI
BLUE W/WHITE STRIPES

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 07, 01:49 PM

Really like the Rally wheels over these. Painted mine black and put back on all the trim rings. BUT, had Cragers on when I bought it. Looked good except for the above mentioned....pits and rust after a while.

Dave
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 07, 02:43 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyShadows View Post
I have heard that they are now making the cragars in a bigger wheel like 17 or 19" is this true??
Look at my pic a few posts above, 16's in front, 17's in back. Don't know about any bigger, could be.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode