Team Camaro Tech banner

4 cylyder ?

820 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  eric39 
#1 ·
i know this aint a muscle car ? but has any ever change a coil pack on a 88 cvevy cavaler ? oh my god its back behind the block around heater hose's dip stick u name it , its aroujnd that area hoe in the hell do you get to it , thx help before i get my wood maul, later eric

#5 ·
wrench turner your correct talked to a guy at my auto store , its a 2.o motor for every two plugs there is one coil pack what ever bad plug wire you have that is not fireing you you take that off and install the pack , but easier said than done got find me a very small and long socket that fits then i can get it done , one of them thinghs were you buy a tool and use it once ,lol thx wrench turner

#8 ·
i didnt pull the trans , just put it on the jack stands, bought a set of 1/4 inch long sockets ,7/32 was the size deep well , plus a 1/4 inch extension , and a screw driver that fits quarter inch sockets ,took the two bolts off pulled out the ign, coil placed the new one back on put the plug wires on it started right up no problem , then it quite on me again same problem , no fire in plug , it setr a while then it started up again , soo i unplugged the battery to reboot the computer , that worked then it did it again , **** im am soo pissed off at it any suggestions , couyld i bought a bad coil pack or is my computer the problem , car is a 88 cavaleir , 2.0 motor automatic thx guys , eric

#9 ·
found out i needed a ignition module , which is behind both coil packs , what a bitch to put on take off both cooil packs well after you disconnect battery , then unplug the ign module unhook the 3 plug ins located on the bottom , then reinstall, easier said than done 100 bucks in parts 3 hrs to do saved a little bit of money thx for your comments now back to my cammaro , funner later , eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.