Team Camaro Tech banner

69 SS396 L78 X66 4 speed value?

5K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  allanjs 
#1 ·
Got one of these left to my wife from her fathers death and we're trying to figure out the true value of it. Her father owned it since 78. Its had the qtrs. replaced with NOS metal and new doors and engine is not numbers matching but is numbers correct JH code 396. Its a super clean, straight car with about 5% needed to be complete. Its missing the center console, gauges don't work, few interior and exterior trim parts missing, id like to put power steering on it. Once its complete is it really a upper 50k car like you see selling on Ebay and dealer sites? We are not sure if we are keeping or selling but we def don't want to give it away if we do sell.

#5 · (Edited)
Its the real deal. square port heads,jh stamp on block,12 bolt rear, 4.10 posi,muncie 4 speed. White with black hockey stripes,white interior. Its been checked out by several locals that are known for there Camaro knowledge. Body work done by the best in town. No rust. Been restored over the past couple yrs. He just didnt get to finish it. Freak accident at home took his life. It runs and drives but i wont do it until its got gauges and is finished. Ive turned down 30k for it as it sits. Trying to figure out if its gonna pay off to invest an extra 5k or 10k into it.

#10 ·
I think the value of an L78 car is maximized when they are left stock and not modified.

Don

#11 ·
X2. If it’s a documented car even with Nom if everything else can be verified. Adding a console to a non console car won’t hurt value.

Buy as always value is directly related to condition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.