Team Camaro Tech banner

67 Carpet

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  bucko 
#1 ·
Is there a vendor out there that will sell just the front carpet piece for a 67 Camaro? I need just the front in black, but every catalog I look at sells the set only (front/back), or a one piece application.

#4 ·
Rats. I'm trying to keep this Camaro as original as I can, keeping as much of its original pieces as possible. The back carpet is still in very good condition. The front is very worn at the drivers side, hence the reason for replacement.

#6 ·
Interesting...one has to wonder what previous owners were doing in the back seat that wore out the back carpet instead of the front!

#14 ·
The point of the set from a satisfaction and marketing point of view is that they match. You can call AAC direct 800.352.8216 (Toll Free) or 256.236.1118 (Local in AL) and see if they have a scratch and dent set that didn't pass inspection for some reason, and they are willing to sell you just the front. But I would think they just match the orphan front up with new rear sibling.

Another option is to buy the new two piece set and only install the front and put the back in storage or use it in the trunk.

In general I think once you put the new next to the old you will see the old really is worn and there is no law that says you have to get rid of the original factory carpet, just store it along with any other original parts you need to replace for the next caretaker.

Brian

#15 ·
Good logic.

However, I just made a move from one house to another. In going up in the attic, I found that I was a huge hoarder of automotive parts. Many of these were just as you described doing; put away parts for the next caretaker. It was then that I simply tossed the stuff into the pile that has its next address of the dump.

Before I get hammered, I'll explain that the majority of these parts are not vintage usable original OEM parts. They are not going into the attic of my new house.

I'm guilty of treating this Camaro as if it were 5 to 10 years old; replace just the worn item with new, and keep any and all original parts intact. Its in really good shape, and gets driven weekly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.