In a previous thread, https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90943
, I posted a problem I was having with limited oil flow through the valve train. It ended up being the lifters. I called the manufactured, Lunati, but they just suggested I put in a new set of lifters. While this may be fine, I wouldn't mind looking at other cams.
The car will be used primarily as a weekend cruiser, with an occasional road trip. Personally I don't mind spending a little extra if I can get more out of the motor. The current cam is a Lunati Bracketmaster II and seemed rather mild.
Adv. Duration: 292°/292°
Gross Lift: .480''/.480''
RPM Range: 2000-6000
Here are the rest of the engine specs:
- 350 4 bolt main bored .030" over out of a 74? pickup
- Block was decked .010" and aligned honed
- Cast crank w/ new reconditioned GM rods and forged TRW 10:1 flat top pistons
- Dart Sportmans II heads with stainless steel valves, 72cc chambers and 200cc intake runners
- Competition Cams rollertip rockers arms 1.5
- Edelbrock Performer intake
- Holley 750 w/ vacuum secondaries
- Hooker ceramic coated headers
- DUI HEI w/ vacuum advance
The engine is connected to a built 2004R transmission with a 2800 stall converter, 3.73s rearend gears and 25.9" tall rear tires
I was looking at:
Lunati VooDoo Hydraulic flat tappet:
Lunati Hydraulic roller
Any suggestions or comments?