Need help replacing fuel line? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 07, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Question Need help replacing fuel line?

I would like to replace the fuel line in my 69 Camaro with a new 3/8" one piece stanless steel line. Can anyone explain in detail the easiest way to install the new fuel line? Also can anyone recommend where I can buy the line from? Thanks

Last edited by Black Z; Feb 3rd, 07 at 10:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 07, 12:26 AM
Senior Tech
john

Re: Need help replacing fuel line?

i have done it several times.........

its no big deal.......
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 07, 01:19 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dennis

Got mine from Inline Tube. Very happy and like wagonman said, it's no big deal if you take your time. I installed mine with everything on car. It's going to come to you with a large bend in it. Just don't straighten it out all the way until you have it through the tight spots like over the axle and such. It's easier with 2 people.

Dennis
69 Z/28. 302DZ, Autogear M22, Red w/black stripes.
69 Camaro, ZZ4, 700R4, 8.5 3:42 posi, X11
70 Nova SS 396, 4sp, 3:55 12 bolt

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 07, 06:12 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I "was" gonna get mine from inline tube, but then I priced out right stuff detailing. Full SS fuel line was $100, and it is a beautiful thing. As I will "someday" go EFI, I also had them custom bend a 3/8" line to the pattern from a 69 1/4" return line. They did this in a day, and had my stuff to me the third day. Great people to deal with!

Unfortunately, I forgot to slide it under there before welding on the subframe connector, so wiggleing it into place somehow will be on today's pre-game to do list.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 07, 10:01 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

I got mine from Fine Lines,looks very good ( Jim don't feel bad) I did a big oops and strightened out the shipping bend all the way and didn't want to rebend back to get over rear so had to make into a 2 piece just foward of the leaf spring bracket, tested flair's before assembled under car,and looks good when ya bend down and look at under side of car..I didn't want to take the chance of weaking the tube putting ship bend back in, oh well it's all good ...now I am doing the trans lines, look good too...Happy Motoring

1972 Nova SS , 350, Auto, AC, Survivor

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 07, 11:32 AM
Senior Tech
Brent

Ummmm...because I have already straightened out the fuel line (shipping bend) I can't install it now?

1968 RS/SS Lemans Blue
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 07, 03:02 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentmc View Post
Ummmm...because I have already straightened out the fuel line (shipping bend) I can't install it now?
It just makes it harder to get around all the other stuff if everything is still on the car. You may just have to remove a few things that you wouldn't of had to. No big deal.

Dennis
69 Z/28. 302DZ, Autogear M22, Red w/black stripes.
69 Camaro, ZZ4, 700R4, 8.5 3:42 posi, X11
70 Nova SS 396, 4sp, 3:55 12 bolt
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 07, 05:58 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

Don"t feel bad, refer to post # 5....Happy Motoring

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 07, 06:10 AM
Guess

Don't forget a new set of line clips\clamps. Unless of course yours are in good shape.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 07, 11:45 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jerome

Yes ,I did get new clamps and clips looks good...Happy Motoring

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode