Has anyone heard of these engines? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 07, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Question Has anyone heard of these engines?

Has anyone heard anything about tandlengines.com . They have had a few test on their engines in Popular hotrodding and super chevy and was curious if anyone has delt with them or their engines. For their prices they seem to be pretty resonable. Thanks

Last edited by Black Z; Feb 7th, 07 at 01:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 07, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Question Re: Has anyone heard of these engines?

After 75 views, I guess no one has heard of them?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 07, 09:53 AM
Senior Tech
Kyle

Re: Has anyone heard of these engines?

nope but i am getting a quote from them right now

1969 Z/28 CLONE 350
4 SPD MUNCIE,
4 WHEEL DISK BRAKES,
4:11 POSI
BLUE W/WHITE STRIPES

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 07, 10:25 AM

I purchased a 383 from them last spring. I opted for the aluminum head version, with an all forged bottom end and a hydraulic roller. So far it has been a great decision.

I drove there and saw my motor being broken in and watched the dyno pulls. Placed it in a crate and brought it home. The service I received was excellent and I would definitely buy another motor from them. I don't think you will be disappointed with them or their quality.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 07, 06:36 PM
Senior Tech
Robert

I purchased a 383 from them also, alum heads, roller cam, should have sprung the extra $ for the forged pistons. The order took a while but it was worth the wait! My engine screams! It is like a completely new car, I replaced a tired old 350 that lost the thrust bearing.

Dealing with the guys there was great, they patiently answered every question I had, I even sent them my water pump, alt, ps pump & pulleys and they bolted everything up for me. Basically a drop in and go.

I purchased a AED Holley 750 carb from them as well and the carb was set-up and tuned on their dyno, didn't even have to adjust the idle when installed!

Followed their reccomendation on a torque converter for my th-350, Dynamic Converters? can easily roast the tires at will. In my opinion you will not be disapointed.

Sorry I missed your post earlier, been busy at work lately.

Let me know if you need any other details. - Rob

edit - also sent them my air-gap, saved a couple $.

We do not possess imagination enough to sense what we are missing.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 07, 03:43 PM
Senior Tech
Tristan

Send a message via AIM to Mav68erick

Im likeing the looks of that 540 they got with 700

+ procharger down the line?

68 Camaro

I Hate Spotwelds
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 07, 08:36 PM
Senior Tech
Dan

I too purchased their 408 stroker and put it in the car 2 months ago. Very nicely done. It came with an all forged assembly, RPM Air Gap, 750 AED Holley and Dart Pro 1 Alum heads. I had them throw in a gear driven solid roller cam. It sounds awesome with the winding. It dynoed at 520 HP and 518 TQ.

One thing that was great about them is if you send all of your accessories (alternator, power steering pump, brackets, clutch, etc.)to them they will put them on free of charge. They even balanced my clutch for me as well. When I received the engine it was crated very secure and it looked great. The only thing I had to do was add a goose neck, fuel block off plate and the scatter shield. After that I dropped it into the car.

If I had to say one bad thing, it would be how long I had to wait. Ordered it in July and got it in December. But it was worth the wait. Very strong running motor.

I highly recommend them and if you decide to go with them talk to Lloyd. I believe he is the owner and he designs a lot of the engines there. Very knowledgeable and great to deal with. Customer service has been great. Good luck.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Feb 13th, 07, 08:58 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

I spoke with Lloyd yesterday afternoon and received a quote today. Turn key on a 540 forged pistons etc. They also quote a carb and Moroso wires and looms etc. Very good service and Lloyd was great to talk with on the phone. They told me 6-8 weeks for the motor based on their current orders. Seriously considering for my Chevelle. 700 HP and 650 torque? All day long baby.

Mark

68 L78 RS/SS, 70 Chevelle SS clone project

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode