Buying carb - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 07, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

Buying carb

Anyone know where i can order a new, good quality quadrajet. If not, any reccomendations on 4 barrel carbs for a 350.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 07, 07:17 AM
Senior Tech

Re: Buying carb

Call up Sean Murphy Inductions, http://www.smicarburetor.com/
Sean will custom build you a STAGE 2 Quadrajet specific to your engine/exhaust/intake/driving habit. Cost is only $350!!!
I have an SMI carb on my 69 Camaro and one on my 63 Nova, I would never look anywhere else, these carbs are amazing and perform flawlessly

http://69camaro.nextmill.net/photos/smicarb

http://63nova.nextmill.net/pics/engi.../327Engine.JPG

Sean use to be a head guru at JET PERFORMANCE in Huntington Beach, he broke off I think 5 or so years back and started his own custom carb building business down the street.

Brian Lewis

1969 Camaro - GM 2003 Electron Blue
Beck Racing 383 cu in 465HP Engine - Sean Murphy Inductions Stage 2 Quadrajet
TCI Streetfighter 350 - 3.73:1 Posi 10 Bolt Rear - 12.6 sec qtr mile

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 07, 07:35 AM Thread Starter

hey thx. Iv'e decided i want a quadrajet, unless im told otherwise because i dont much about cars. Whats the difference between stage 1 and 2?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 07, 08:02 AM
Senior Tech

$25 and a few things

Stage one Rochester Quadrajet
Rochester Quadrajet 4BBL 750cfm Stage one

Calibrated for stock, unmodified 1973 thru 1980 small block Chevrolet applications.
Select highest quality cores for best performance and reliability
Strip to bare metal, inspect for defects, then apply dyechromate coating for brilliant gold finish.
Strip and cadium plate all hardware, including throttle shafts, linkage , levers,spring and screws.
Surface baseplate for flatness and glassbead for bright silver finish.
Install APT (ADUSTABLE PART THROTTLE) to allow adjustment of part throttle and cruise speed (steady throttle, 1800-400 rpm) air/fuel mixture in seconds without any disassembly, tuning can be done while engine is running!
Apply epoxy to main body casting plugto eliminate common "leak down" problem associated with Quadrajets.
Install bushings in baseplate to eliminate any potential vacuum leaks at primary throttle shaft.
Assembly using highest quality components, including:
New jets and metering rods.
High flow .130 needle and seat assembly.
Nitrophyl solid composite float that can't crack ans sink.
Premium quality gaskets
High capacity accelerator pump featuring materials that are resistant to alcohol and other additive commonly found in today's fuel
New electric choke for cold staring and drivability.
New choke pull-off for clean,smooth warm-ups.
1 YR warranty all parts and labor

Stage 2
Stage two Rochester Quadrajet
Rochester quadrajet 750cfm stage two

Intended for moderately modified street performance vehicles.
All curcuits will be modified and tuned to match the specifications of your engine combination, Including:
Idle down tube(idle jet) and idle air bled resized for smooth idle quality with performance camshafts.
CRO(channel restriction orifice) resized for crisp off-idle and part throttle response.
Main jet and metering rods selected for clean cruise mixture and strong part throttle response and acceleration.
Proper metering rod power piston spring selected to match engine vacuum characteristics
Secondary metering rods and hanger selected and high speed air bleds resized for maxium full throttle horsepower and torque.
Select highest quality cores for best performance and reliability
Strip to bare metal, inspect for defects, then apply dyechromate coating for brilliant gold finish.
Strip and cadium plate all hardware, including throttle shafts, linkage , levers,spring and screws.
Install bushings in baseplate to eliminate any potential vacuum leaks at primary throttle shaft.
Install APT (ADUSTABLE PART THROTTLE) to allow adjustment of part throttle and cruise speed (steady throttle, 1800-400 rpm) air/fuel mixture in seconds without any disassembly, tuning can be done while engine is running!
Apply epoxy to main body casting plugto eliminate common "leak down" problem associated with Quadrajets.
Idle, transition, main, and high speed circuits modified to provided optimum fuel curve for YOUR engine
Assembly using highest quality components, including:
New jets and metering rods.
High capacity accelerator pump featuring materials that are resistant to alcohol and other additive commonly found in today's fuel
Nitrophyl solid composite float that can't crack ans sink.
Premium quality gaskets
High flow .130 needle and seat assembly.
New electric choke for cold staring and drivability.
New choke pull-off for clean,smooth warm-ups.
1 YR warranty all parts and labor

Be sure to call up Sean and talk to him on the phone, he'll get you all dialed in for a carb that will work flawless for your exact engine. I recommend the Stage 2, thats what I have used from the get go. I am sure you can figure it out above or Sean can give you the details on that. Also let him know you were referred by some at Team Camaro, he has a big following at Team Chevelle (Tons of guys over there have used his carbs) and the more he hears about Team Camaro/Chevelle the more likely he is to sponsor this site someday.

and
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 07, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

ok, will do. Thanks a lot. By the way, i need to get some new headers soon, any kind you reccomend perhaps? I dont know much about headers, i jut want a lot more performance out of my engine and what not.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 07, 09:19 AM
Senior Tech

Thats a pretty subjective topic, I run the 65003 Hedman Headers, they are a full length header and fit pretty good with the Power Steering and KickOut Pan, they are designed for the first generation camaro. I believe its 66003 for the Ceramic Coated ones. Be aware that changing headers will usually result in needing to reweld where the exhaust bolts to the headers, they don't all connect up at the exact same point, some shorties will dump close to the block, some like the Hedman 65003 are much longer and dump out near the torque converter.

and
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 07, 07:38 PM

cow, did you ever get the thing to run right???last i heard, it was poppin and fartin...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode