69`Camaro with 92`LT 1=> bad idle&throttle response - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 07, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Markus

69`Camaro with 92`LT 1=> bad idle&throttle response

Hello!
I relined my fuel lines last winter 05/06. In summer 06 the engine started with the problems. I thought it was the fuel delivery system or air in the lines. I filled the tank (was very empty) and everything was fine. While a ride the problem started again. If you put the hammer down fast the engine didn`t follow. It`s like a carburated engine with too much air or too less fuel.
Now I relined the fuel pump again, because the line between tank and pump was very muxh longer than my original setup. During cold start I thought it was ok, but when engine was warm idling got rough. It`s like that the engine wants to run fine but something suddenly stop this and the engine must hardly follow. Between these two stages I think there are 300-400 rpm.
Please help and don`t have any ideas!
Could this be the optispark system which isn't the best.
spark plugs? (I installed new wires 4 years ago=> 7000 mile max)
leak in the fuel lines?

69`Camaro, 92`LT 1 / 94' BW-6 speed, shorty headers+Flowmaster, Vette wheels, Eibach/hotchkis springs, koni shocks, Nova rear, Corvette 13" front brake system
[all certified by German association for technical inspection with Oldtimer title]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 07, 09:13 AM

Re: 69`Camaro with 92`LT 1=> bad idle&throttle response

are you running fuel injection???sounds like the car leans out when the comp starts reading the o2 sensor...do you have a diag port to plug into??
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 07, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Markus

Yes, I have installed a LT 1 with all the original sensors etc. I could install a obd I but I don't have a scanner or scanner software.
I don't know what parameters etc I could see on the OBD I

Somebody knows this?

The oxygen sensor? Yes maybe => But how to check? Before winter everything was ok.

69`Camaro, 92`LT 1 / 94' BW-6 speed, shorty headers+Flowmaster, Vette wheels, Eibach/hotchkis springs, koni shocks, Nova rear, Corvette 13" front brake system
[all certified by German association for technical inspection with Oldtimer title]

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 07, 10:56 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

How's the air mass sensor in front of the plenum?, Have one of those?

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 07, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Markus

No, the old LT 1 uses a pressure (vacuum, MAP) sensor in the manifold (I think the system is called street density)=> No air mass system.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 07, 11:16 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jason

sounds like the opti is going out. Post on camaroz28.com theres a lot of good LT1 tech guys there

Jason
2009 CTS-V - 1968 Camaro 327/M20 Sequoia Green
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 07, 09:04 PM

markus, its speed density...if the o2 sensor is reading fat when the car goes into closed(i believe...always get them confused) loop, the comp will lean it out, and the car will run like its starving...could also be a tps sensor, but i think the o2 is where to look...gm vehicles will show a data stream on a snap on scanner, and the o2 crosscounts and activity are what to look for...especially the switching activity...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode