to ALUMINUM or NOT (intake) - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 07, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Patrick

to ALUMINUM or NOT (intake)

I have a fresh 305 with a performance cam. My choice of intakes laying around are: stock cast iron 4 barrel OR stock 4 barrel aluminum. Which one should I use. thanks

69RS/SS,383,10:1cr,4.10,60ft1.6sec,1/[email protected],1/[email protected],Vicjr,RPMheads,750dp, Proform main body, cam,246*-250*@.050,.510,522,1.6rr,700r4,3200stall
383 IS SOLD!
Building a 489BBC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 07, 07:50 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Harley

Send a message via Yahoo to wiskeesour
Re: to ALUMINUM or NOT (intake)

alum.

AE2(AW) Harley Moody, USNavy
"Master-at-Arms" for the CDWJB!!
November 26th, 2008 was my last day to serve my country as a member of the World's Greatest Navy.
Thanks Chief.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 07, 09:16 PM
Senior Tech
Brian

What's the casting number on the aluminum intake? It might be worth enough to buy 2 (or more) aftermarket aluminum intakes. Just an idea.

Experience...... It's what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 07, 09:22 PM
Senior Tech
Harley D

Quote:
Originally Posted by buenymayor View Post
What's the casting number on the aluminum intake? It might be worth enough to buy 2 (or more) aftermarket aluminum intakes. Just an idea.
Ditto
Then you can get a better performing alum. intake and still have some money left over.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."-Dr. Seuss
We learn life's important lessons in kindergarten.

Harley D
'67 coupe 427SBC
60'1.728
1/[email protected]

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 07, 09:47 PM

You can spend some time Sat. afternoon and grind under the carb mount to blend it into the ports easily to gain a bunch of air flow on either of them if you want to.

Dave V. is where I'm coming from..

pdq67

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 22nd, 07, 07:08 AM
Senior Tech

I realize you are probably trying to save some $$$ by using what you already have. There is a reason why you never see a stock intake on any kind of a performance motor. It's really hard to beat a Performer RPM intake. I just sold a really nice one on eBay for $50. They will usually go for that up to about $75 for a super nice one. An aftermarker intake is almost ALWAYS the first true "bolt on" upgrade you do to any motor. Thanks to our friends at GM, and the good old SBC, there are about one gazzillain of these out there floating around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode