help fast!!! - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 07, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

help fast!!!

i know this is a camaro site but i have a question. i have a 1993 chevy 4x4 and the silenoid went in it. i replaced it and that one went and i replaced it again and the silenoid gets warm with the engine turned off and the keys out of it. what do you do you guys think it could be? mabe something to do between there and the starter??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 2nd, 07, 11:27 AM
Senior Tech

Re: help fast!!!

You probably should take the starter with you when you go to the parts store and have it checked out. There is always power to the solenoid so it is possible for a voltage leak in the starter. Try unhooking the small wires and see if it still gets warm. If so, you need to check for a huge voltage drain there. Right now though, I am betting on a bad starter.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Mar 4th, 07, 11:07 AM
Senior Tech

Re: help fast!!!

Did you send me an email concerning a 97 Cobra? Someone did and I replied with several things to check but I received "delivery failed" notification. Whoever it was and if you still need it, I need a valid email address. The email I did receive was from a Bob R*****.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode