How much are these heads worth - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 07, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

How much are these heads worth

I have a fresh set of big port 186 heads that have the casting date D-27-o & D-28-0 that I have just gone through.I checked the numbers and they are supposed to be 69,70,&71 302, 350-300hp & 350-360hp & 370 hp LT1 70 & 71 .But these are 194 valves and they are 70 SS 350-300hp units.I had new intake valves ,new seals,street screw in studs hi-po springs 1 exaust valve and guide,3 angle valve job,& had the heads surfaced and the guy at the machine shop went through all the rockers ,and balls and nuts and got the best ones so they are ready to bolt on.I have another site that I got off here that said these heads with the large ports would outflow the 292 Turbo heads with 202 valves that Chevy sold over the counter for offroad racing.They are painted POR-15 engine enamel.If you could tell me what the heads are worth, it would be appreciated,P.S. I know if someone were putting together an original SS they would be worth more.Thanks Camaro BOB If anyone is interested my e-mail address is [email protected] Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Mar 3rd, 07, 11:41 PM
Senior Tech
Hank

Re: How much are these heads worth

To a restorer person they are worth some money,maybe $400.00
Not really all that special. Not factory 202 heads, but can be mede to look that way .
The 292 turbo heads will outflow those 186 heads, Turbo heads do have a tendancy to crack though.
It's tuff trying to get money for cast iron heads, when you can get a set of new over the counter aluminum heads for less than a $1000.00 that will outflow those 186 heads & are easily rapairable ,,two cents spoken. :-)

Chevy 250 turbo EFI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode