Cool Bolts? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 08, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Cool Bolts?

I need to place a summit order today...

Looking for some "cool bolts" to hold me intake down.

NOT allen or 12 point.

Was thinking some small head hex bolts, with wasgers, in black. Kinda like the ones they use on new cars. Anyone have any ideas?

Also need a gasket set. Felpro permatorque, .039, bigger than 4.030 bore head gasket, 1 peice pan gasket, prefer cork valve cover gaskets. Need the full engine set. Too many part numbers to wade through, anyone know the one I need?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 08, 10:57 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Re: Cool Bolts?

Felpro 1010 head gasket

you will have to purchase one piece pan gasket by itself,SCE 211092 or felpro brand. dont think it comes in over haul set. You will prolly need the felpro 1206 intake gasket and RTV on ends. Timing cover set, and Blue main seal(viton). Main seal and cork vc gasket (felpro VS12869AC) you can get from local parts, autozone, parts america. Probably get the All of this from them , save freight.

I used ARP small head ,434-2101,(comes with washers) 3/8's head, 12 pt stainless x 1.50" long for intake other odds and ends I wanted to match. Remember the push rods sometimes hit the center 4 intake manifold bolts. You can also get these in 6 pt . Only other bolts I can think of would be pan head, internal star with theft deterent pins in center. Sorry, I dont like the bowtie stamp bolts.

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

Last edited by zdld17; Jan 6th, 08 at 11:57 AM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 08, 11:50 AM
Senior Tech

What?????? The guy with over 17,000 posts is asking us on advise??? LOL

I'm a stainless freak. I love using good old stainless 6pt bolts when ever I can. It gives the motor a hardcore "machine" look to it. Depending on your intake though, it seems like the standard sizes they are sold in will cause you to have to buy some that are too long and cut them down so you are getting enough threads without bottoming out.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 08, 12:31 PM
Senior Tech
Ed

I used ARP stainless 6 point bolts for my instake, looks very clean especially on a polished intake.

You can't go wrong with ARP and their stainless bolts look really nice and will stay that way.

Ed

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 08, 04:06 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

Jim, ever look into those bolt caps/covers ? Can get in colors and/or with designs.

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 08, 08:42 PM
Senior Tech

I use the 12 point arp stainless intake bolts work great just make sure you use anti seize going into aluminum . Felpro all the way for the oil pan , and i use the moroso valve cover gaskets part number 93020 and you know how much i take that thing apart , they are great . Please order that CV pan i don't want to bring extra oil for you LoL.
Mark.

pictures can be viewed at
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 08, 11:34 AM
Senior Tech
Carl

I too like the ARP stainless 6-point. Personally, I do not like to use 12-point heads unless nothing else is available. 12-points make the middle-of-nowhere with an adjustable wrench repair tough.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 08, 05:00 PM
Senior Tech

Come on carl these cars don't break down . I just make sure i pack 12 point stuff with me .
Mark.

pictures can be viewed at
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 08, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I must be using the wrong intakes, hafta trim the washers just to get em on, and can barely get an open end on most of the bolts!

(now I gotta recalibrate my arm for the proper torque for alluminum heads!)

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode