Possible rare 69 exhaust mainfolds and alum. intake - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 08, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jim

Possible rare 69 exhaust mainfolds and alum. intake

I recently purchased a 69 w/ these exhaust manifold #'s: Right side-3946826, Left side- 3342337. It also has an alum. intake # 14014432. According to Alan Colvin's book and several internet searches, the exh. manifolds may be orignal 69 Z28 castings. The sources also indicate however, that they could be from a 69 307 or 350 motor. Does anyone know how I can tell? They are like new and I may sell/trade for a good set of supercomps. The intake appears to be a 1981 and could have come on a variety of cars. Previous owner told me he though it was a Vette intake. Anyone have a more detailed reference on it? Thanks, Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 08, 01:47 PM
Senior Tech
Jon

Re: Possible rare 69 exhaust mainfolds and alum. intake

Well the right side, 3946826 could be any stick shift 1969 small block Chevy Camaro, Chevelle or Chevy II with a manual transmission, including a Z-28, but the other side sure isn't. You wanna double check the casting number on that one? The drivers side Z-28 manifold is casting # 3942527.

Jon N

The only reason someone would want insurance is if they want to pay someone elses bills or want someone else to pay their bills.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 08, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jim

Well, I guess senility is settin' in. I re-checked the drivers side, and what do you know, it is a 3942527 after all! The following link indicates that this manifold was only available in 69, but has two separate line item listings, one for 302, then another for 302, 307, or 350 ci. Anyone know if there is a difference? The passenger side is listed as 69-71 and also could come on the same three motors, but without the separate designation for Z28. At any rate, I will consider parting with them. I will contact Rick's and D&R, maybe they can shed some light.

http://www.nastyz28.com/sbcmenu.html#exhaust

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 08, 06:42 PM
Senior Tech
rick

colvins book says 69 and 70 motors i don't think there is anything that would tell you there from a Z or a 307 or 350 motor i just sold a nice set on ebay for $800 but i have seen some sets bring up to $1500 the cast date might make it worth more to the car it is going on mine were off of an LM1 motor but their new home was to be on a Z
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 08, 07:14 PM
Gold Lifetime Member

Jim, I need a set of exhaust manifolds with the numbers you have. Due they have a date code on them. What do you want for them.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 12th, 08, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jim

The manifolds are still on the car currently, I will try and get the date codes Sunday and post.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 08, 06:25 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jim

Pulled them off yesterday. LH side (3942527) is date code A 27 9 - Jan. 27 1969. RH side (3946826) is date code A 30 9 - Jan. 30, 1969.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode