Lunati Cam - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 08, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Jon

Lunati Cam

Anyone have any experience with the Lunati Voodoo Solid Flat Tappet Cams.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 08, 10:26 AM

Re: Lunati Cam

GOOD cam's, imho..

Never used one tho..

And UDHarold created their VooDoo line so they GOTTA be GOOD in my book!!

pdq67

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 08, 10:26 PM
Senior Tech
Rod

Do a search on Lunati at www.teamchevelle.com. UDHarold posts there quite frequently. I ended up installing a Lunati hydraulic flat tappet cam after reading all of the positive comments.

Rod
69 Camaro with LS2/4l70e

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 08, 12:13 PM

Here's a couple reasons to buy them-

Harold now works for Lunati, used to be lead designer for Comp....before they came out with the XE line is my understanding
Comp seems to have some quality control issues based on what I've read accross several forums including the vette forums.
The idle quality is supposedly quite good.

I like the Crane Max Velocity 272 cam and the Lunati 60102 which is actually a little milder on the spec sheet than the XE. I found this searching here Lunati Voodoo Solid Flat Tappet Cams if you want more information.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 08, 01:51 PM
Senior Tech
Joe A

Here we go with the XE line again...

A comparison of my XE268 to Lunati Voodoo 60104lk

I/E Duration Comp 230/236 Lunati 233/241
Advertised Comp 274int/286exh Lunati 276int/284exh
Lift factory Comp 487/490 Lunati 504/525
lobe Comp 110 Lunati 110

Now my question on this,,,,They seem similar but the Lunati has a slight edge on the lift so wouldn't that make this cam more prone to lobe failure due to the distance of the actual lift when it closes. ????? Do you get what I am trying to say ???. What makes a similar cam in grind not as prone to failure ???? Because one is Comp Cam and the other is Lunati.

Sorry all but I am getting tired of every time I read a Cam posting someone chimes in about ( I have read on other posts about the XE failure so stay away ).. No offense Steve.

1967 SS 350 Clone ( not hiding it )
Never Ending Project

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 08, 09:15 PM
Senior Tech
Walter

UDHarold did not design the Voodoo solid ft's...he was long gone from Lunati when they came out.

Comp is known for their "flat" tappet cams....

Walter
69 Chevelle SS
10.5-1 496/AFR 305's/Voodoo 60234 Solid Roller/TH400 4000 Stall/4.11 12 Bolt

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 08, 08:14 AM

Right, Harold only did the hy- VooDoo cams.

Right, a lower lift cam will create less wear and tear on the valvetrain and lobes vs a higher lift cam, only b/c the over the nose valvespring pressure has to be higher to control the valves.

If you go back into Isky's e-cat., you will see their older cams vs their newer cams.

For example...

Isky's old 270 HL hy-cam at 270/216, 108, .445" lift vs their newer 270 Mega Hy-cam at 270/221, 108, 465" lift.

This is why I always ramble on about using the older cams like the CC 268HE and the Crane/Cam Dynamic 272/272 Energizer in about 10 to 1 CR'd 327 and 350 street engines b/c they run darn GOOD and don't tear up the valvetrain.

pdq67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode