Gas pedal problem ( Rod) - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 08, 01:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Romeo

Gas pedal problem ( Rod)

Can anyone tell me if the 6 cylinder gas pedal will work with a sbc 327 motor as i am trying to line that linkage up, but the little arm on the engine firewall is too far toward the master cylinder. Second thing is do i need to change the whole pedal inside the car or just the engine bay side, i have swapped my inline 6 to a 327 and that is what i am facing right now, and i have noticed that over at Rick's classic camaro they show a few different linkages and accellerator arms, what u guys sugges and any pics, i have the straight up and down one not the one with the bend in in thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 08, 05:37 AM
Kevin

Re: Gas pedal problem ( Rod)

Does yours look like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-...em360015448046

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 08, 07:24 AM
Senior Tech

I think we have tried to answer this for you before, but let's try again.

The 67-69 Camaro with a 6 cylinder used a gas pedal arm that only stuck through the firewall mount far enough to get an e-clip on it, and it had an arm higher up (inside the car, on the pedal arm itself) with an eye where the end of the 6 cyl throttle cable mounted.

If you have a gas pedal arm that fits through the firewall with enough of a shaft to attach a V8 style throttle arm, you have either a Camaro V8 gas pedal, or some pedal of the same general style that sort of fits. And if your throttle arm doesn't have the dog leg on it like the one Kevin posted above, or the ones posted multiple times in response to this same question you've asked before, it is not a 67-69 Camaro throttle arm.

You either need to post close up, detailed pictures of what you have, or read and understand the responses to your previous posts on this and get the correct set up. You may just need the throttle arm (if you have the correct gas pedal rod for a V8 1st gen) or you may need the whole assembly for both (if you have some donor assembly from some unknown car that may not have the right positioning to allow it to work in a 1st gen).

Otherwise, you keep asking the same question, and we keep posting pics and telling you to get a V8 1st gen setup....

Eric
69 'vert project big block/TKO 600 RR
68 'vert driver RS clone -- gone!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 08, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Romeo

ok i will get pics today and thank u very much the only reason i ask this question is that i am confused about the setup as the parts are not listed in classic book and i guess the only way to do it is post some pics thanks guys yes it is a stock virgin 67 camaro
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 08, 02:04 PM
Senior Tech
Jon

Send a message via AIM to Rodder Send a message via Yahoo to Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Kammerer View Post
I think we have tried to answer this for you before, but let's try again.

The 67-69 Camaro with a 6 cylinder used a gas pedal arm that only stuck through the firewall mount far enough to get an e-clip on it, and it had an arm higher up (inside the car, on the pedal arm itself) with an eye where the end of the 6 cyl throttle cable mounted.

If you have a gas pedal arm that fits through the firewall with enough of a shaft to attach a V8 style throttle arm, you have either a Camaro V8 gas pedal, or some pedal of the same general style that sort of fits. And if your throttle arm doesn't have the dog leg on it like the one Kevin posted above, or the ones posted multiple times in response to this same question you've asked before, it is not a 67-69 Camaro throttle arm.
Are you sure about that? I thought the cable throttle pedal was a '69 (6cyl/crossram) thing--I know I've seen 67's 6cyls with a throttle arm linkage, and noted that the throttle arm looked a lot different than my 68 8cyl.

- LS1, T56, Hooker longtubes, Autokraft pan & mounts, GM LS7 clutch, Borla ProXS, Moser/Strange/Wilwood 9", Covans dash, UltraLite IIs, Procar Elites, Vintage Air GEN-IV, AGR 12:1 steering, Addco swaybars, Hydratech hydroboost
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 08, 08:43 PM
Senior Tech

I do not have a 67 AIM here, but the 68 AIM clearly shows L6 cars receiving the same throttle cable assembly as 69.

Eric
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 08, 09:16 PM
Senior Tech
Pat

My 67 was an original 6cyl car...the original 6cyl pedal rods and linkage is what i am using on the 350 that is in it now. The 67 did not have a throttle cable it has a throttle rod that goes from the pedal assembly directly to the carb...all i did was spin the connector out the throttle rod,which is threaded until it worked on the 350.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 08, 09:17 PM
Senior Tech

Okay, so 67 is different than 68-69...and tekin needs to talk to you about how to get his to line up.

Eric
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 08, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Romeo

yeah but what about the throttle lever

Last edited by tekin; Jan 22nd, 08 at 10:17 PM.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 08, 01:51 PM
Senior Tech
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekin View Post
yeah but hat about the throttle lever
???
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 08, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Romeo

how do i post pics i can not do it can anyone tell me how thanks
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 08, 10:57 PM
Senior Tech

http://www.67rs-ss.com/pictures/pictures.html

Eric
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 08, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Romeo

i uploaded them but how do u attach them to this link as i put the URL in and it does not work hmmmmm
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 08, 10:39 AM
Senior Tech
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekin View Post
i uploaded them but how do u attach them to this link as i put the URL in and it does not work hmmmmm
Just copy and paste the link to the pic in your thread.

Glacier Blue/Dover White 69 SB SS Restoclone.

99 Trans Am...my toy

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 08, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Romeo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode