Year One 350 Crate Engine - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 08, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Clint

Year One 350 Crate Engine

Has anyone purchased the Year One 350 Crate Engine? It seems like a good deal for $2990 but I wasn't sure if its a good quality engine.

Clint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 08, 06:16 AM

Re: Year One 350 Crate Engine

I've heard nothing but good things about Year Ones crate engines, the 350 included. For that price, an excellent deal on an overall solid performer.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 08, 07:12 AM
Senior Tech
Hank

GM perforance sells crate 350's for less, depends on what HP you are looking at.

MBHD

Chevy 250 turbo EFI

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 08, 07:43 AM
Senior Tech
Pat

I bought my GM performance crate 350 from Summit Racing for less than GM was selling the same engine.Dont know how this could happen and the local GM dealer I was gonna buy it from didnt know how they could sell the same GM motor for cheaper than he could.Might be some even better deals in the wake of the slow down in the economy...I'd look around a little but to answer your question i've heard only good things about Year Ones stuff.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 08, 08:22 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67pat View Post
I bought my GM performance crate 350 from Summit Racing for less than GM was selling the same engine.Dont know how this could happen and the local GM dealer I was gonna buy it from didnt know how they could sell the same GM motor for cheaper than he could.Might be some even better deals in the wake of the slow down in the economy...
It's commonplace for products to be sold cheaper by distributors than from the original company who makes them. At least, this is true in most other industries. It's easier for a company to sell at big discounts to high volume distributors, and in some cases, the OEM makes it cost prohibitive to buy it from them on purpose. In other words, when you bought the crate from Summit, it's as good as buying it from GM...in GM's eyes.

Learning & Relearning about the cars I grew up with.
69' - Built 350, 750 Holley, Elgin E920P Cam, 283 PP Heads, Long Comp Headers, MSD, TKO-600, 12 Bolt Posi 3.73, Hotchkis Rear, Eibach Front w/Hotchkis Sway, SPC UCAs, 3rd Gen PS, AR TTII's. Still working on it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 08, 12:31 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

My question on buying the engine from a distributor VS the OEM is what kind of warranty are you getting and is the distributor going to warranty the engine or is the OEM?

Glacier Blue/Dover White 69 SB SS Restoclone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

99 Trans Am...my toy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 08, 03:28 PM
Senior Tech
Creight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
My question on buying the engine from a distributor VS the OEM is what kind of warranty are you getting and is the distributor going to warranty the engine or is the OEM?
You get the same warranty with a GM engine if you buy it from Summit, jegs, or from me, as you would from GM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 08, 03:36 PM
Banned
Alan

400 HP./400 FT.LBS. for $2990 That's a good buy ............plus 12 month/12,000 Warranty how can you hate that??
http://www.yearone.com/serverfiles/f...ain2.asp?cat=8
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 08, 06:46 PM
Senior Tech
TC

I've been looking at the Year One and the Blueprint Engine. The Blueprint Engine have almost 3 times the warranty, been around much longer and put out more power. I've yet to find anyone with one to attest to their quality, but they are carried by Summit and Jegs and I'm going to call and find out there take on quality.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Feb 12th, 08, 07:29 PM
Banned
Alan

http://www.blueprintengines.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode