big block motor mounts - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 08, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Randy Childress

big block motor mounts

i have what i believe to be a 396 69 ss..the engine is long gone, so there is no way to tell for sure but more things point to it being correct than not..i continue to uncover things i dont understand..someone had bolted small block motor mounts in the car using 6 different style, length bolts. i located a set of original big block frame mounts and when i went to swap them out, here are few things i saw..the small block mounts had new holes drilled in the crossmember to make them fit..one new hole drilled for each..there is a reinforcing plate inside the crossmember that the new mounts lined up with..(the small block mounts had one of the upper holes drilled in the edge of this reinforcing plate and only half the head was catching it)..the mounts i removed had a center distance of 2 inches on the top holes..the new big block mounts have a 1.5 inch center distance and so does the reinforcing plate inside the crossmember and the factory hole locations...normally, are the bolt patterns on big and small block mounts identical and did someone simply adapt something non camaro to my car? any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 08, 04:56 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Paul

Re: big block motor mounts

67-69 Camaro use the same mounting holes for the engine mounting brackets ,be it SBC or BBC. Seems some one wanted the engine in a different location or a different type engine was used.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 08, 05:08 PM

Re: big block motor mounts

Or later frame mounts were installed like from a 2nd Gen. car??

pdq67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode