Engine Removal - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 08, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Engine Removal

I have already removed intake from my engine and will be pulling engine & trans for repaint and front end restoration. Can I attach the original lifting brackets to the heads at the intake port with extra washers or should I reinstall the manifold first? Remember I am not taking the engine apart so I do not want to damage anything.

Your advice is greatly appreciated

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 08, 10:32 AM
Senior Tech
geneo

Re: Engine Removal

Should be no problem to bolt them to the heads, I would cover the lifter vally so you keep junk from falling inside.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 08, 10:43 AM
Senior Tech
Ed

Just make sure you thread in the bolts at least 1-1/2 - 2 times the width of the bolt and they are shimmed with washers so that what you are lifting it with (chain) doesn't shift around and break a bolt while you are pulling the engine out.

Ed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 08, 02:16 PM
Senior Tech
Brian

I just bought a lift plate new for $13. Can you just reintall the intake, remove the carb, and get a lift plate to bolt down where the carb is? This will prevent anything from falling into the lifter valley/intake and you won't have to be leaning over the fenders to re-install the intake once you are finished.

Experience...... It's what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 08, 02:52 PM
Senior Tech
Dan

I always use the holes in the heads - either on the ends or the intake side. I like the carb plates since they are quick, but they don't give you much control. I have a load leveler so I can tilt the engine - need a front and back connecting point for this. I lifted a 425 nail head with the tranny still attached out of a 65 Buick over the summer - without the tilting, would have never been possible. If the tranny is removed first, not a big deal though.

-Dan

================================================== =

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode