70 engine in a 69 camaro - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 08, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

70 engine in a 69 camaro

Since I'm not interested in matching numbers as far as the motor, what is the downside of getting a 69 SS with motor from a 1970... value wise or mechanically

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

Last edited by okiemark; Mar 31st, 08 at 10:03 PM. Reason: change to proper year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 08, 10:04 PM
Senior Tech
Tom

Re: 70 engine in a 69 camaro

If the engine is not original to the car, it will NEVER be numbers matching. You may get period correct, but NEVER numbers matching. Oh... now you change it to not interested.

69 Camaro -originally a LM1 car. 327, Edelbrock E-streets, hooker, DUI performance distributors, ultradyne cam, stewart, TRW etc. Vintage Air, AGR steering, Corbeau GTSII seats, 700R4 transmission, 12-bolt w/Eaton 4.11:1
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 08, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

yes, as I stated, I'm not interested in a numbers matching motor. So, I know putting a 70 motor in a 69 car makes it "Not matching". I'm an Okie, but give me some credit!

|
|

Last edited by okiemark; Apr 1st, 08 at 07:39 AM. Reason: add comment

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 08, 04:36 PM

It should be the same engine spec-wise, imho!

B/c GM didn't drop the CR. until '71!

pdq67

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 08, 05:14 PM
Banned
Alan

Have fun with it, I have a 69 SS with a 97 Vortec 420 HP. I'm having more fun with that a "matching #'s"....if you're into that fine but at most car shows people say nice car and that's it......just have fun
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 08, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

I've learnd that it is a 350 "4 bolt" that is in there now. he doesn't know where it came from. how do I know if the specs match before I go further?

|
|
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 08, 11:41 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiemark View Post
I've learnd that it is a 350 "4 bolt" that is in there now. he doesn't know where it came from. how do I know if the specs match before I go further?

Get the casting numbers from the block, heads, crank, cam, carb and intake manifold and that ought to about tell you what you have. FYI, my 69 SS restoclone has a 70 Vette 350 CID 300 HP motor in it and I don't care what it came out of it's not original to the car but I can tell you it's fun.

Glacier Blue/Dover White 69 SB SS Restoclone.

99 Trans Am...my toy

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 2nd, 08, 06:00 PM

Post back the letters at the end of the VIN number string that should be on the deck pad that's right above the pass. side,top water pump bolt so we can decode what it started out life as if it's not still a virgin.

pdq67

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 08, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

I have learned that it is a "4 bolt" 350... as I stated, I'm not concerned it's not the original matching motor. But, does it decrease the value even further if it's not even from a camaro? (not "correct")? if so, how much

|
|
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 5th, 08, 10:40 AM

Imho, no!

Again, please post back the VIN LETTER'S so we can decode it.

pdq67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode