Calling all FORD GUYS! Sorry... - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 08, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Calling all FORD GUYS! Sorry...

Ok I know this is camaros dot net but got a simple question for you ford guys out there and this site I find to be much more helpful than pro-touring dot com on the ford questions so here it is.

Anyone know the size of the bolts that mount the engine mounts to the block of a small block ford? My motor is brand new and did not come with any bolts in it. Also, the motor mounts did not come with bolts either. I have tried some different ones I had lying around but I dont want to strip out the threads in the block so want to be sure of the right size to use. Thanks in advance!!

Mark
TOOFUN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 08, 06:36 PM
Senior Tech

Re: Calling all FORD GUYS! Sorry...

7/16" coarse thread, about an inch long. they are the same size as the bellhousing bolts, but shorter.
i don't know why Ford used such big bolts- it's not like they have enough power to break anything..

you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 08, 06:56 PM
Senior Tech

I was waiting for someone to say something like that. No offense though because i have had 2 mustangs.

68 camaro, 350 vortec heads, rpm air gap, lunati voodoo cam, coated headers, th350, 100 shot, 3.73, eaton posi.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 08, 08:09 PM
Senior Tech

Got a simple question back...ever thought about getting a GM product...like..... a Camaro? Glad you got a reply. Foolin's a bit with ya.

capt
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 08, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

TOO FUNNY!! Thanks guys, I love this site. I have owned about 12 camaros mostly 69 convertibles over the past 8 years. I always pro tour them out enjoy them and then sell them. I love camaros but thought it would be fun to do a Ford 65 fastback and give it the pro touring treatment. So far it has not been fun. Nothing swaps with anything else, every model and year has its own quirky things that only go with that particular style. Try to upgrade the steering compared to a camaro and you have to take out a loan(power rack and pinions since the stock power steering setup is a joke $2100 what the f#ck) Only thing I can say is that the wiring system seems to be more user friendly than the camaro one but other than that I dont see the thrill!!

Anyways, thanks for the info I really appreciate it. BTW Already on the hunt for another 69 convertible camaro project so I dont think it will be long before I am back on board again.

Mark
TOOFUN
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 08, 10:47 AM

Nova.....Not enough power to break anything???? Let's see, the 68 winter nationals was won by a 68 1/2 "R" code mustang with a 428CJ turning a time of 12.12 @ 109.48mph. What did Parnelli Jones do with the Boss 302 in Trans AM racing and that small block, lol? And yes I own one of those, a shelby GT500 and a 70 Boss 302 but at the same time I also have a 69 Z28 and a 71 El Camino SS 454 but I never put down other manufactures.
But than I'm just messing with you, lol...

Mark....If you have any questions, you can go to www.boss302.com click on the car, go into the archives or forum, everyone there is extremely helpfull and you might even see a few jokes about "chevys" but I doubt it.

Really I'm just having fun with you Nova so don't take it the wrong way!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 08, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Ravenspep,

Thanks for the info on the site I will check it out... Oh BTW I just saw the pic you posted. I noticed that the Mustang was BEHIND the camaro in the pic. Probably should have posted a one with the Mustang out in front... Thanks Again

Mark
TOOFUN'
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 08, 02:34 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

What is a ford?
isnt it one of those things that you cross a steam and drive thru the water?
And I belive Norway has a lot of them around their coast line?
Or is it a model of car made by Mazda?...some sort of import/jappa?

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 08, 11:36 PM
Senior Tech
Jon

Send a message via AIM to Rodder Send a message via Yahoo to Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark67ss View Post
I love camaros but thought it would be fun to do a Ford 65 fastback and give it the pro touring treatment. So far it has not been fun. Nothing swaps with anything else, every model and year has its own quirky things that only go with that particular style.
I think the LS2 would fit nicely between the Mustang shock towers... and really tick off the Ford people too. They seem to get really upset and the mention of LS-anything.

- LS1, T56, Hooker longtubes, Autokraft pan & mounts, GM LS7 clutch, Borla ProXS, Moser/Strange/Wilwood 9", Covans dash, UltraLite IIs, Procar Elites, Vintage Air GEN-IV, AGR 12:1 steering, Addco swaybars, Hydratech hydroboost
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 08, 04:23 AM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
I think the LS2 would fit nicely between the Mustang shock towers... and really tick off the Ford people too. They seem to get really upset and the mention of LS-anything.
that's mostly the late model guys that turn all red and start ranting about overhead cams and hp per cubic inch and how crappy pushrods are and what not at the mere mention of "LS1" or anything related. they really start to get flustered when you point out the fuel economy numbers of a new Vette with the 427 ci LS7 compared to a new Mustang with only 281 ci, then the conversation turns to "i can buy two Mustang GT's for the price of one Slo-Vette".....

you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 08, 10:40 AM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenspep View Post
Nova.....Not enough power to break anything???? Let's see, the 68 winter nationals was won by a 68 1/2 "R" code mustang with a 428CJ turning a time of 12.12 @ 109.48mph. What did Parnelli Jones do with the Boss 302 in Trans AM racing and that small block, lol? And yes I own one of those, a shelby GT500 and a 70 Boss 302 but at the same time I also have a 69 Z28 and a 71 El Camino SS 454 but I never put down other manufactures.
But than I'm just messing with you, lol...

Mark....If you have any questions, you can go to www.boss302.com click on the car, go into the archives or forum, everyone there is extremely helpfull and you might even see a few jokes about "chevys" but I doubt it.

Really I'm just having fun with you Nova so don't take it the wrong way!

I love the picture of the crustang trying to catch the Camaro!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode