Team Camaro Tech banner

Time for first oil change - what kind do you use?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  click 
#1 ·
Ok, so it's time for my new Silverado's first oil change. Just curious what kind of oil everyone else is using in there daily drivers. Should I go with a synthetic or stick with conventional. I used Valvoline Max Life in my old truck but it had 120k on it. What do you guys think?

#4 ·
I use Amsoil 100% syn in all my cars, camaro, small engines etc. They run smooth and longer on a tank of gas as well as longer drain interval, saving the oil changes. :)

#8 ·
That's a myth that alot of people believe but doesn't hold true for new cars... you can (and I did) switch to synthetic before you even take delivery of the car. Honda switched my truck to synthetic oil before I picked it up. altho when i took it back for its next oil change they switched me back to regular oil by mistake fortunately i asked the all important question.. YOU DID PUT SYNTHETIC OIL IN IT RIGHT???????? ummm they responded with "i don't show that on the reciept lemme go ask the service manager... as it was saturday evening i didnt get my vehicle back until Tuesday after they did the oil change to it again ( both of them were free)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.