Brownfeild Heads - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 08, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chris

Brownfeild Heads

Ive got a guy offering me a set of Brownfield aluminum cylinder heads, claims they have been ported and worked by RCR. He said hes got 4500 into them, titanium valves and such. He wants 1500, but for that i could by some AFR's.

small block 350 driver is what i have, not a power house, has plain old 194 heads atm, i wanna swap heads cam and intake at somepoint.

I dont know anything about these heads so any opinions welcome.

Hatya

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Daily Driver

327 9.6:1, Performer RPM Heads, 200R4, 3rd Gen P/S Box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 08, 11:13 AM
Senior Tech
Rico

Re: Brownfeild Heads

If thier is one thing to know about heads its this they are the keys to power.
With that said they aslo can be too much for a motor and actully work poorly in the wrong combo. My avice is to buy the right heads that match your needs. Call AFR give them your Specs and they will giude you
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 08, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Chris

Well i guess i need to figure out what kinda pistons are in this thing, flat top or dished, to give me an idea of what my compression potential is, then i can see what head chamber size i wanna go with.

Thanks rico

Hatya

Daily Driver

327 9.6:1, Performer RPM Heads, 200R4, 3rd Gen P/S Box

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 08, 12:53 PM

Normally , titain valves mean racing valve springs @ 150-200 lbs. on the seat for solid roller cams. Porting could be way to big for your street engine.

You will be better off calling AFR or buy complete heads from Jegs or Summit with springs set for Hyd. or Solid lifter cams.

Doug
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 15th, 08, 04:47 PM

Didn't Brownfield turn into AFR??

pdq67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode