vacuum canister with how much cam - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 08, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
hp fan

vacuum canister with how much cam

Hi Guys,
How much camshaft are guys able to get away with before you find you need an extra vacuum canister to assist the factory power booster?

I will be using a dual plane intake which will give better vacuum anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 11th, 08, 07:24 PM
Senior Tech
Shawn

Re: vacuum canister with how much cam

i have a 280h cc cam in my 302 ([email protected] and .480 lift) with a single plane intake that was giving me 10" at idle this is with stock 462 heads small valve, and bad rings
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 08, 03:14 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

It works, in practice like this with low idle vaccuum
u approach an interesection, load on engine brake, hi vac , constant brake use, stop, foot tends to ret on brake while stopped...if u remove replace a couple times, the brake works just hard, but it is very rare u will do this...so an non issue

The only place u will notice is if idle out of a gas station, slow cause a car is in front, they pull away, u stop (u havnt touched the throttle) pull forward slightly and stop for traffic, and the brake is hard...sometimes.

This tends to be when a idle vaccuum is about 6" and below...and u need a real wild track cam to get that....and a baddly adjusted carb (mixtures, idle, and sec butterflys way off) AND a dizzy curce way out of wack

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Aug 12th, 08, 03:55 PM
Senior Tech
Patrick

I noticed that I needed a can and got one with this cam in my sig. And It solved the problem.

I think you on the border of needing one. If you are having problems with your brakes getting hard now, get one. You won't be dissatisfied.

69RS/SS,383,10:1cr,4.10,60ft1.6sec,1/[email protected],1/[email protected],Vicjr,RPMheads,750dp, Proform main body, cam,246*-250*@.050,.510,522,1.6rr,700r4,3200stall
383 IS SOLD!
Building a 489BBC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode