73 engine swap? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 16th, 08, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Jorge

73 engine swap?

Hi everyone, i'm writing from Chile, South America, here we dont wave too many Camaros, Corvettes, Pontiacs, etc. so i bought a 1973 SC with a 307 V8 and a TH350, the best car that i found for sale al that time. After near a year of use, the engine needs a rebuild. Looking for a gain in power i started to research about the engine, and look for the parts that i needed. I couldn't find the pistons and other parts, and i realized that the power gain do not compensate the money needed to do the rebuild. So im thinking about swap the engie for a 350 Vortec 97-02 or a LT1. My question is: If i get one of these engines, what problems and details will i have to solve to make it fit and work properly?

Thanks.

Camaro SC 1973 "Restomod", 357, TH700R4, 2,73.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 08, 07:48 PM
Senior Tech
Wes

Re: 73 engine swap?

I see a crate engine in your future. A mildish 383 that will be a direct bolt-in for your tired 307. The number people making crates numbers in the dozens,..do some googling or searching on this site.

Good luck!

PS,..you'll need a carb to replace the 2-barrel you have now.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 08, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
Jorge

Re: 73 engine swap?

Thanks for the answer, but getting the crate engine all the way down here it a little expensive, so i'm thinking about getting a Silverado or Tahoe 96-02 Vortec. But i'm worried about the details on the swap, will it just fit like "plug and play" on my old th350 ?

Camaro SC 1973 "Restomod", 357, TH700R4, 2,73.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode