Rough acceleration? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 17th, 08, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Rough acceleration?

Hey guys,

I have a 1985 Camaro with the 2.8 V6 engine. Lately I have been having a wierd running problem. This is an intermitten problem, but it happens more often than not. When I am accelerating through each gear (manual transmission) the car seems to shake and have trouble accelerating from about 1000-2500rpms. It is pretty hard to explain, it is a mild bucking and wierd knocking noise from just behind the firewall in front of the gas pedal. Anyone have any idea what this could be. I was thinking of changing out my EGR valve because my mechanic said its probably bad...could this be part of the problem? The engine runs great when the problem isn't happening, so I don't think it is a major problem, there is some adjustment that has to be made? Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

-Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 08, 12:22 AM

Re: Rough acceleration?

I had a similar problem with my father's truck and it ended up being clogged cats. I knocked out the crap inside and it ran fine afterwards. I don't know if that is your problem, I'm not a tech, but it was for me.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 08, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Re: Rough acceleration?

I've been reading up on this type of problem and a lot of the things I see lead to the MAF sensor...does this sound like it could be that? I just don't want to be changing parts hoping for the best.

Thanks to anyone that can help!!!
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode