Alternator Brackets help wanted - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 08, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Ruben

Alternator Brackets help wanted

I need help finding brackets for the alternator to mount on the driver's side. I am not looking for factory due to the fact that I am running hooker headers. Also, I am trying to run a serpentine belt setup. The AC unit is bolted on the passenger side. This is a '69 camaro small block. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 08, 05:37 PM
Senior Tech
Larry

Re: Alternator Brackets help wanted

try zoops

Sometimes it's better to let someone think your an idiot, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 08, 05:50 PM
Senior Tech
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourds View Post
I need help finding brackets for the alternator to mount on the driver's side. I am not looking for factory due to the fact that I am running hooker headers. Also, I am trying to run a serpentine belt setup. The AC unit is bolted on the passenger side. This is a '69 camaro small block. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
This is the company to deal with in regards to brackets and pulleys.....
http://www.marchperf.com/

I have their serpentine pulleys and related engine brackets on my '69.

"All I need is a fast machine". Steve McQueen
My Machine: 1969 Pro Street Camaro

468 CID 661 Horsepower
Turbo 400
33"x19.50" Mickey Thompsons

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 24th, 08, 07:33 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Allen Grove is another to try, they do a lot of variety.

69 with a drivers side alt is odd. Long or short water pump?

New website for my vert is coming together. Do ya like the slide show on the home page?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 08, 12:51 PM

Jim asks that b/c a '69 should have a pass side mounted Alt. and a long w/p.

If yours is this way, then I would look into the serpentine belt accessory drive off an old 4.3 L Astro Van in a Bone Yard and go.

pdq67

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 08, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Ruben

Thanks for all the replys.I have tried March Performance Pulleys and they said I needed the complete set. i have their pulleys on the crank,power steering,water pump and the alternator. The problem is I did not get the A/C kit. The system was bought at a swap meet new in the box. As for the alt. on the drivers side yes this is not common but I bought a Classic Air A/C system and the compressor is on the passanger side. Also I am using a long water pump due to that is what the A/C system called for.So i am still tring to complete this wild puzzle.I may have to start over and just go with the V belt pulleys?This site has been a great help for me I would like to say THANKS for all the HELP.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 08, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage

You might look into an '88-'94-95(before Vortec) GMC/Chev truck set-up.
A plate bolts onto the front of the block, accessories attach to it and a reverse rotation long water pump is needed.
You could use the rotary A/C compressor to come with it.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 08, 09:11 AM
Senior Tech
Ted

I have the March mid-mount serpentine belt conversion kit. The alt. will be on the passenger side. The a/c compresser will be below that. It is for a lwp setup. It uses one serp. belt and one v-belt for the pwr steering. I have to decide VA or Classic AA a/c.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode