Holley: Rocking ratio of 50cc pump arm -VS- 30cc. - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 08, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Holley: Rocking ratio of 50cc pump arm -VS- 30cc.

As I keep buying and selling Holley carbs, I keep swapping out parts for my dual Holley 450's on my tunnel ram. I want to run the 50cc pump arms because they look so beefy and cool. What I'm wondering is if the arms have the same profile (rocking ratio) as the 30cc arms or are they different? I do realize that the 50cc setups have a different pump cam....just didn't know if the arms are different too or that they would work fine on a 30cc pump housing? Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 08, 02:53 PM
Banned
Ron

Re: Holley: Rocking ratio of 50cc pump arm -VS- 30cc.

dubs, I'm pissed right now!.....I answered your question and it got deleted!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 26th, 08, 03:37 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbird View Post
dubs, I'm pissed right now!.....I answered your question and it got deleted!
You also solicited him for parts which is something you have been around long enough to know not to do and every time you start a new topic there is a reminder of... No reason to get mad, follow the guidlines, post over and PM your parts request...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 08, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I guess I missed that one Ron. I did find out that they are the same though. PM me if you had a question.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 08, 12:13 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

I was thinking of changing the 30 cc on the front of my carb to a 50 cc any thoughts on this one....

PRO.ST69orange

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 08, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Are you talking about just the arm or the actually housing? I think it would depend on your combo. Just remember....most carbs with a 50cc pump have them on the rear and not the front. That would be a ton of gas, especially on a street driven motor. You would be better off to at least start by testing different pump cams and squirter sizes before swapping to the 50cc setup. It can give you a real "lazy" throttle with too much gas. What makes you want to throw around changing in the first place?

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 08, 02:35 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubs68camaro View Post
Are you talking about just the arm or the actually housing? I think it would depend on your combo. Just remember....most carbs with a 50cc pump have them on the rear and not the front. That would be a ton of gas, especially on a street driven motor. You would be better off to at least start by testing different pump cams and squirter sizes before swapping to the 50cc setup. It can give you a real "lazy" throttle with too much gas. What makes you want to throw around changing in the first place?
A buddy of mine tightened the spring and it helped some but did not fix it totaly it still has some hesitation when you slap the throtle.Do you think if I change the arm it will help...

PRO.ST69orange

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 08, 02:48 PM
Senior Tech
erik

I ran a 50cc on an 800 that I had years ago, throttle was terrible until I figured out it was the pump volume and ratio, even with cam swaps it never fixed it. Dropped back to the 30cc on the front and 50cc on rear and it worked great. I wouldn't suggesst running the 50 on the front, there is no reason to do this! Go with what has worked for decads...the 30cc on the front and try the 50 on the rear if you want.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 08, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

In other words.........+1

LOL

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 08, 03:50 PM
Senior Tech
The Driver

I replaced the 50cc rear one with a 30cc setup on my 850 Holley (454 engine). The 50cc for most people isn't necessary.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 08, 05:21 PM
Senior Tech
george

Quote:
Originally Posted by david calligan View Post
A buddy of mine tightened the spring and it helped some but did not fix it totaly it still has some hesitation when you slap the throtle.Do you think if I change the arm it will help...
Anytime the main system is starting late with an oversized carb..the transient will need to be crutched with a bigger pump shot.How you attain that is vehicle specific.There is no one size fits all fix.It could be the spark curve,valve timing events,looser converter etc etc.There is one given tho imo..if peak HP is not your ultimate goal.the smaller the carb that satifies your performance needs will deliver better driveability,crisper throttle and usually an increase in mpg to boot.For a street deal..you need 2 carbs.One on the car for cruising and one on the bench for saturday night grudge matches.
fwiw..I like primary reo pumps atop big roots blowers.Once again..vehicle specific.

George
68 Camaro
8-71 blown 461 Rat on E-85
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode