Help me please - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 08, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2
Help me please

I have a 96 Camaro RS 3.8 and its missing this part http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...s/S6303372.jpg. A hose runs to it but the hoes is very small and i dont know what is the adapter or whatever it is called. Can anyone please tell me where i can get it and/or tell me what its called so i can look for it?
thank you
psycho209 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 08, 10:21 AM
Senior Tech
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 1,635
Re: Help me please

I guess I am not seeing what you are talking about. You could go to your local Chevy dealer and have them either tell you or maybe they could bring it up on their parts-breakdown computer screen. Other than that, try and find a similar car.
deerhunter is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 08, 10:27 AM
Senior Tech
clayton hicker
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: selma,oregon
Posts: 445
Re: Help me please

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho209 View Post
I have a 96 Camaro RS 3.8 and its missing this part http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...s/S6303372.jpg. A hose runs to it but the hoes is very small and i dont know what is the adapter or whatever it is called. Can anyone please tell me where i can get it and/or tell me what its called so i can look for it?
thank you
it looks like a vacume line is missing from the throttle body.hard to say where the hose is.look for a hose hanging around somewhere with one end not hooked up

clayton hicker
bikedude3 is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 08, 10:39 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL
 
SPARKY69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: HENDERSONVILLE N.C.
Posts: 9,352
Re: Help me please

Ditto what clayton said
SPARKY69 is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Dec 29th, 08, 11:22 AM
Senior Tech
Levi
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Modesto Ca
Posts: 1,451
Re: Help me please

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikedude3 View Post
it looks like a vacume line is missing from the throttle body.hard to say where the hose is.look for a hose hanging around somewhere with one end not hooked up
Same here thats what it appears to look like.

1975 Camaro "Black Out"
.Bad75. is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 09, 01:55 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2
Re: Help me please

i know where its at I just dont know where i can get the part to connect it. i seen one that has an elbow adapter but i went to kragen and they didnt have one that fit. i would like to know if anyone knows where they sale elbow hose conetions? if you need a picture of what im talkin bout ask and i will try to post one.
psycho209 is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 09, 07:48 AM
Senior Tech
Charlie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Baltimore Maryland
Posts: 3,759
Re: Help me please

Go to the dealer. They are cheap and you will get the correct one.

Charlie Knudsen 67 Camaro RS/SS 350 TKO 600, 4.10's, AFR 195 Street Heads, Comp 270H, Rhoads Lifters, Crane Ignition, Pertronix Dizzy, Performer RPM Q-Jet, Heavily Modified Q-Jet, Hooker Comp Headers, MagnaFlow 2 1/2", 144 Decibles(Alpine CDA-7998 Head Unit, RF X7 and RF 750X Amps, MB Quart Mid's & High's, Kicker L7 12" Solo Barics)
67CamaroRS/SS is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 09, 04:34 PM
Senior Tech
clayton hicker
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: selma,oregon
Posts: 445
Re: Help me please

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho209 View Post
i know where its at I just dont know where i can get the part to connect it. i seen one that has an elbow adapter but i went to kragen and they didnt have one that fit. i would like to know if anyone knows where they sale elbow hose conetions? if you need a picture of what im talkin bout ask and i will try to post one.
is the hose a differnt size then what is pictured?why does it need a elbow?better post a pic of the hose up next to the throttle body

clayton hicker
bikedude3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome