Exhaust work - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 09, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
67RS

Exhaust work

Couple pics of some exhaust work me and a buddy dig over Christmas... first one either of us had ever done.. spent 3 hours cutting and tig'ing the thing together.. i'm happy with it.. almost ready to turn the key and start it..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 09, 08:28 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468
Re: Exhaust work

Very nice tight fit job did you paint it what paint did you use.Nice garage is this yours.

PRO.ST69orange

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 3rd, 09, 11:36 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

That is identical to mine, except I used a bender for
flange to the bottom curve..the drop on mine is longer cause I have cast rams horns
Then the next section from there to the muffler
And another single tube from muffler to rear drop
And I also welded the mufflers.
The cross over I blew holes with the gas axe then welded a single tube in

I miged mine together

Like the hanger arrangement...will change mine next time I have to drop the system out.
Got a pic of these hanging off the car? please?

Very nice work m8, im impessed for a 1st timer...even for someone who has done it serval times before....professional job.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 09, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
67RS

Thanks, I used high temp flat aluminum paint that I picked up at the local Advanced Auto store.. sprays weird compared to other paints.. comes out real wet almost runny with just a little.. i had the garage built about 3 years ago - spend all my free time I can in it.. i'll try and take some pics of the hangers and post as requested.. i powder coated them matte black so they are hard to see against the frame..
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 09, 05:52 PM
Senior Tech
Logan

About how much did a lift like that set you back? I would love to have one of them.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 09, 05:55 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

Quote:
Originally Posted by deere2210 View Post
Thanks, I used high temp flat aluminum paint that I picked up at the local Advanced Auto store.. sprays weird compared to other paints.. comes out real wet almost runny with just a little.. i had the garage built about 3 years ago - spend all my free time I can in it.. i'll try and take some pics of the hangers and post as requested.. i powder coated them matte black so they are hard to see against the frame..
This is a nice set up its probably hard to go back in the house.

PRO.ST69orange

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 09, 09:18 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

How big is the shed m8?
The wife has given me permission to build a new workshop when she finishes her degree

Thinking about 10m x 9m

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Jan 5th, 09, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
67RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steptoe View Post
How big is the shed m8?
The wife has given me permission to build a new workshop when she finishes her degree

Thinking about 10m x 9m
The building is 36x45.. Size is good for working, however, if I park another car in it makes it tough to work..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode