Join Date: Aug 1998
Location: Waldorf Md. USA
Re: Comp Cams 30-30 camshaft
No, you can still use the lifter but ..... :
1. Put your dial indicator on the lifter.
2. Turn the engine until you are at max lift on the lifter, "zero" your dial indicator.
3.Back up about .070"
4. Start turning forward again and record the number on the degree wheel when you are .050" before max lift
5. Keep turning until you get to max lift then keep going until the lifter drops .050" then record that number.
6. Add the two numbers together and divide by 2. You should get 110 if the centerline is correct.
Make sure to keep a little pressure on the lifter to make sure it is following the cam.
Try it and see what you get
Advanced Automotive Machine
1971 Chevelle "Heavy Chevy" original owner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.