Performer RPM Air gap vs. Z28 intake - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 09, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Performer RPM Air gap vs. Z28 intake

Hey guys,

Is there any one out there who can give me an educated guess on the power difference between a performer RPM Air Gap intake and a stock aluminum 69 Z28 intake? The motor is a 350 with 186 cast iron heads 2.02/1.55 valves, 10 to 1 CR., crane roller rockers, comp. cams magnum 292 dur. 501/501 lift., .244 degrees , holley 650 dp, full MSD ignition (dizzy, 6 AL box, super conductor 8.5mm wires), and Hooker super comp 1 3/4 '' headers running into dual 2 1/2'' pipes with Dinomax super turbo mufflers. I am running the Air gap now, and would like to know what I would be sacrificing in the way of horse power and torque if I put the stock Z intake back on. Also if any one has a desk top dyno handy, I am curious what my horse power and torque numbers for this motor would be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 09, 09:58 PM
Senior Tech
Tom

Smile Re: Performer RPM Air gap vs. Z28 intake

From what I have heard, there is very little difference between the Z intake and the RPM performer.

69 Camaro -originally a LM1 car. 327, Edelbrock E-streets, hooker, DUI performance distributors, ultradyne cam, stewart, TRW etc. Vintage Air, AGR steering, Corbeau GTSII seats, 700R4 transmission, 12-bolt w/Eaton 4.11:1
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 09, 01:39 AM
Banned
Alan

Re: Performer RPM Air gap vs. Z28 intake

I do know from reading an article that a RPM has about the same dyno numbers as a RPM Air Gap, I was going to switch but have no reason to after reading that.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 09, 10:27 AM
Senior Tech
John

DD spat out:
450 hp at 5500
450 tq at 4500

- John
Misfit tortured soul. Lone wolf. Unicorn.
'67 V8 Camaro - 12637, 797-Z (Parchment), M-M (Royal Plum), 2M, 3K, 5Y
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 09, 12:09 PM

Same w/ the old Holley 300-36 intake that is taller than both so it is a true high-rise by me.

Holley said it was good to go from off idle to 7,200 rpm.

And I don't give a dam what anybody say's, B/c I honestly think for what it cost's even today, the old SB 300-36 is one HELL of and intake up to the 383 engines!

383 and above install a Weiand 8016 STEALTH!!

Remember, "Money talks and BS walks"... He, He!! IMHO, not in this case tho........

pdq67

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 09, 05:20 PM
Senior Tech
george

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98blackburb View Post
I do know from reading an article that a RPM has about the same dyno numbers as a RPM Air Gap, I was going to switch but have no reason to after reading that.
Hummm..cooler runners should increase charge density.On the dyno with no forward vehicle speed..I could see the isolated runners getting heat soaked though..so no benefit.
Blow some air under and around the runners and plenum at 100 mph..vs hot oil splash on the performer rpm,and the nod goes to the airgap.Doubt you would see it or feel it on the street though.Minor gains only imo.

George
68 Camaro
8-71 blown 461 Rat on E-85
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 09, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Thanks for the info guys. I didn't think that there would be a big difference in power numbers, at least on a 350. Thanks John for running the DD for me. Those out put figures were higher than I expected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode