Advice on my Exhaust - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 09, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tony

Advice on my Exhaust

Hey Guys;

I'm looking for some advice on my exhaust system. I have a 69 RS Z/28 with a 350 in it. While I look for my original 302, the 350 runs excellent. I don't know much about the motor as it was in the car when i bought it, but it seems to run very strong. i put a Edelbrock RPM Airgap on it with a Holley 750 dp, and a 1" carb spacer. I seem to have lost a little kick when I put the spacer on the carb, but I also added about 100 pounds of Dynamat in between that. Somebody put a screw in the secondary linkage to make a vacuum secondary into a mechanical secondary. I am running stock manifolds and i put a new stainless steel chambered exhuast on her (not cheap). Then I started to learn from you guys how much of a hp robber these exhuast systems are. I do have a brand new set of Hooker Ceramic Coated headers in the garage; never used. I'm looking for some advice on what you guys think I should run, or if I just leave it alone for now. Let me know if you need any more information; I'll tell whatever I know about the set-up. Thanks in advance for any insight...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 09, 08:55 AM
Senior Tech
clayton hicker

Re: Advice on my Exhaust

i would put the headers on.you will gain back a little low rpm power

clayton hicker
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 09, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tony

Thanks Clayton - stay with the chambered exhaust or go with something else?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 09, 10:02 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Hey Tony, By adding the 1'' spacer under your carb, you have increased your plenum volume which in turn may have leaned out your fuel mixture. Check your plugs and see if they show you anything. You may have to increase the jetting a couple of sizes to get back to where you were before you installed the spacer. I have a Performer RPM air gap and a Holley 650 D.P.on my 350 in my 69 and it is a strong running combination. Good luck!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 09, 12:22 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Michael

I don't think the old screw in the secondary linkage trick is helping either as you have no secondary accelerator pump. Someone more carb savvy than me can chime in and explain it better but you're probably better off removing the screw.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 09, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Tony

Thanks for the advice guys - I appreciate the help. I will check-out the plugs and see what they say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode