dart heads - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 09, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
robert

Question dart heads

I am still working on finding the right heads for 1967 327 does anyone know anything good or bad about Dart 1032112P dart iron eagle platinum 64 chamber 200cc intake 75cc exaust 2.02 /1.6 valves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 09, 03:26 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

Re: dart heads

Those 200cc heads would be too big for a 327 unless it's an all out race engine. Something in the 170cc range would be better.

Mark

68 327 4-speed 3.42 posi and a sunroof
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best so far... 13.25 at 106mph

78 Firebird 350/T350 3.23 posi
65 Mustang convert. 6 cyl. 3-speed
66 Mustang coupe 6 cyl. auto
80 Chevy C10 406 4-speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 09, 07:03 PM
Senior Tech
rick

robert i am going to do the top end on my 350 and my motor man who builds chevy 358 race motors for all our local sprint car guys recomended dart iron heads for making the most power for the money. he said to go with 160-180 runners with 202 valves and 64cc to get the compression up. something like darts 10121111. not sure why you would want to use 75cc heads? i was thinking old school 186 or 041 but he said these will out perform them for less money than he could rebuild old heads. most of the threads here on the same subject agree with him. i do not know what advantage darts platinum heads would have over iron heads performance wise.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 09, 10:26 PM
Senior Tech
AJ

Your really going to shoot yourself in the foot with a 200cc head and a huge combustion chamber on a motor that needs 160-180cc max with 10:1 to make decent power.

Dart is a tad on the expensive side. Your motor would be happy with a set of iron vortecs or the aluminum fastburn by GM which is a killer deal for a great head.

I went from a stock 210hp 327 to 190cc aluminum heads, 58cc chambers, decked block, flat top pistons and a comp cams 286 which I should have gone smaller and 11:1 compression. Runs on 87 octane and will run stripes around most larger ci motors around here.

The only Mustang I'd ever own is a Fender.

'68 333" Camaro
'14 5.0 Mustang
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 13th, 09, 10:50 PM
Senior Tech
Royce

The Platinums have a new design compared to the oldernon platinum Darts.They are supposed to flow better (wet flow) and should make more power.

I agree that the 200cc heads are too big for a 327 that is not a full race build. You also wouldn't want the 75cc chambers. Are you sure they weren't listed as 72cc? In either case both are probably larger than needed for a 327.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley

(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 09, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
robert

Thanks Guys
I called patriot heads told them what cam ,pistons, engine size, I went with aluminum heads. I will let everyone know how it runs . thank you robert
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 09, 09:35 PM
Senior Tech
AJ

I hope you didn't go with the freedom series aluminum heads...
I bought a set for a .040" 327, makes good power but the $ isn't worth it, they are cheap heads that have many design flaws.

The only Mustang I'd ever own is a Fender.

'68 333" Camaro
'14 5.0 Mustang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode