What do you think of wide band '02??? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

What do you think of wide band '02???

I am trying to help a guy on another forum to get his holley to run right. He is telling me he's is running this wide band with an O2 sensor. I'm not familiar with it but the guy is all hung up on what it is telling him his A/F ratios are. Get this....he is running 72 primary jets and 66 in the back!!! He is telling me it's running rich at WOT!!! lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 05:12 PM
Senior Tech
george

Re: What do you think of wide band '02???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubs68camaro View Post
I am trying to help a guy on another forum to get his holley to run right. He is telling me he's is running this wide band with an O2 sensor. I'm not familiar with it but the guy is all hung up on what it is telling him his A/F ratios are. Get this....he is running 72 primary jets and 66 in the back!!! He is telling me it's running rich at WOT!!! lol
I love my wideband aem...
Whats is this guys a/f ratio at wot?
Perhaps he has a power valve in the secondary block and someone hogged out the pv channel restrictors and then attempted to lean out with a smaller jet size to compensate.

George
68 Camaro
8-71 blown 461 Rat on E-85
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Get this....he has a PV plug. That thing should be super lean at WOT.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 05:28 PM
Senior Tech
george

Whats his version of rich at wot??

George
68 Camaro
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 06:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatblock View Post
Whats his version of rich at wot??
Not trying to high jack this thread but im still getting this thing dialed in and i love this tool.

Hey George out of curiosity,
I have an Innovate AFR meter and at idle it is 14-14.5 at cruise its at 13's to 14 and at WOT if i can hold it that long it goes from smashing the throttle at 10.8 and at about 6,000rpms it leans out to 13.2.....

Some times when i see a lean spike it hits 16.0 but thats at low RPM and when i get that hesitation when im releasing the clutch. I think its my accelerator pump.

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 07:25 PM
Senior Tech
george

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter55 View Post
Not trying to high jack this thread but im still getting this thing dialed in and i love this tool.

Hey George out of curiosity,
I have an Innovate AFR meter and at idle it is 14-14.5 at cruise its at 13's to 14 and at WOT if i can hold it that long it goes from smashing the throttle at 10.8 and at about 6,000rpms it leans out to 13.2.....

Some times when i see a lean spike it hits 16.0 but thats at low RPM and when i get that hesitation when im releasing the clutch. I think its my accelerator pump.
Skip..you have a big cam in a daily driver..not really low rpm friendly.
You have enough pump shot.Your #,s look good aside from your wot a/f.
Naturally aspirated ..I would shoot for 12.5/1 af ratio at wot.

George
68 Camaro
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 07:41 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Quote:
Skip..you have a big cam in a daily driver..not really low rpm friendly.
You have enough pump shot.Your #,s look good aside from your wot a/f.
Naturally aspirated ..I would shoot for 12.5/1 af ratio at wot.
Thank you George, im still trying to get full throttle its about 90% fully opened... I may make a call to Patrick to pick his brain again on that WOT and my hesitation that spikes up to 16.0 when im releasing the clutch. The WOT may be closer to 12.8 but heck its kinda hard watching it when your at 120mph.... My primaries are 84 and my secondaries are 92 its flowing 972cfm on a 4150 holly 1000hp.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 07:48 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Quote:
Thank you George, im still trying to get full throttle its about 90% fully opened... I may make a call to Patrick to pick his brain again on that WOT and my hesitation that spikes up to 16.0 when im releasing the clutch. The WOT may be closer to 12.8 but heck its kinda hard watching it when your at 120mph.... My primaries are 84 and my secondaries are 92 its flowing 972cfm on a 4150 holly 1000hp.

Could the hesitations be the transition from primary accell pump shot and the power valve taking over? PV kicking in too late?

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 07:57 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdld17 View Post
Could the hesitations be the transition from primary accell pump shot and the power valve taking over? PV kicking in too late?
Yes very true... My power valve is a 6.5 so should i go with a 8 PV.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 08:19 PM
Senior Tech
george

At low rpm with a big cam/minimal intake vacuum and limited signal to the carb..the main ckt is not engaged until there is sufficient pressure drop in the boosters to start the syphoning effect.With no flow from the main well thru the boosters..opening the power valve sooner will increase main well head pressure perhaps..but will not enrichen until flow is initiated.

George
68 Camaro
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 08:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Quote:
At low rpm with a big cam/minimal intake vacuum and limited signal to the carb..the main ckt is not engaged until there is sufficient pressure drop in the boosters to start the syphoning effect.With no flow from the main well thru the boosters..opening the power valve sooner will increase main well head pressure perhaps..but will not enrichen until flow is initiated.
George i have about 10-12" of vacuum at 900rpm's what can i do to richen up this lean stumble at about 1300rpm's as i am releasing the clutch... At least i know now its a lean stumble/hesitation..

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 08:26 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubs68camaro View Post
Have you heared anything from your buddy.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 08:51 PM
Senior Tech
george

Quote:
George i have about 10-12" of vacuum at 900rpm's what can i do to richen up this lean stumble at about 1300rpm's as i am releasing the clutch... At least i know now its a lean stumble/hesitation..
Skip..its vehicle specific and no one can tell you with any accuracy.You are not on the main ckt at 1300 rpm with your application.Rule that out.
You idle on the curb port and rely on the ifr,s/low speed air bleeds and a pump shot to transistion smoothly to the main ckt.Which one is giving you the fits??You may not like me for this..but I bet it is all in your left leg.That roller big block is just not happy at low rpm and will require you to slide the clutch out off the traffic light and keep the revs up.

George
68 Camaro
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 09:04 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Quote:
Skip..its vehicle specific and no one can tell you with any accuracy.You are not on the main ckt at 1300 rpm with your application.Rule that out.
You idle on the curb port and rely on the ifr,s/low speed air bleeds and a pump shot to transistion smoothly to the main ckt.Which one is giving you the fits??You may not like me for this..but I bet it is all in your left leg.That roller big block is just not happy at low rpm and will require you to slide the clutch out off the traffic light and keep the revs up.
Yeah you are correct about the clutch, i even rolled the clutch in and back out with the rpm's rising and it helps (because i could watch my Innovate AFR meter and when i see it starting to lean out i can give it more fuel or double clutch it so it smooths out.. But i know it can be better because at one time i almost got reed of the stumble. I guess i need to keep playing with it and maybe the air bleeds going from 76 to 84 might be to much.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old Jul 15th, 09, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Quote:
Have you heared anything from your buddy.
I've been trying to type for an hour but you hijacked the thread ya cyber terrorist!!! lol

It's late enough that the East Coast is in bed I think. Maybe he doesn't like the fact that I said when all else fails....read those plugs!!!

Just how accurate are those A/F sensors? Is there a % margin of error? Do you put the sensor in the collector?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode