So I gots me a new toy to tune my carb in better but I don't know what to do next. Engine is a ZZ383 w/MSD Ign & 670 Avenger Carb.
I installed an AEM wideband and took out for a trial run and noticed the following:
On avg. running in the low 14:1 range.
In 4th gear (TKO 600) at steady cruise I can start seeing low 15:1 and for rare instances goes up to 16:3. I'm guessing that maybe this is saying my primary jets may need to be larger. (I live at 5,500ft. above sea lvl. and reduced all jets by 2 sizes from stock).
When I mash the pedal it drops to around 12.5 - 13.5:1 range and stays there fairly steady while the pedal is on the floor and going through the gears.
I suppose I would like some feedback based on others experience about
1. What is the ideal air/fuel ratio for good power?
2. What is considered too lean?
3. What is considered too rich?
4. What other type of info. should I be looking for
5. What have you adusted (primaries, secondaries, etc) to address your tuning needs to achieve an ideal air/fuel ratio accross the spectrum?
Any tips, ideas, links on how to tune this way would be greatly appreciated.