Carberator adaptor - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 09, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Patrick

Carberator adaptor

I have an Edelbrock 1406 with a performer EPS intake. Do I need to be running a carb adapter? I also have a 1" morosso heat separator.

Carburetor Sealing Plate, Open Center, Square Bore Carburetor to Spread Bore Manifold, .0625 in. Thick, Each<LI class=app-specific>http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-2731/

1968 Convertible L92 VVT project, Hotchkiss lowering front & rear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 20th, 09, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Re: Carberator adaptor

Yes with the heat separator to prevent fuel from being cooked out due to heat soak.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 09, 10:47 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

For sure on the heat spacer. The Eddies are notorious for fuel percolation due to how the darn fuel bowls rest directly on the intake manifold. I have 1407 on my BBC and it's a constant battle during the summer months.

Matt

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 09, 11:42 AM
Senior Tech
Camarodude67

I started using PHENOLIC BLACK 1/4 carb adapters for my cars, depends on the clearance for your hood, if you have cowl induction then 1 inch is the norm.

Jeff G.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 09, 04:07 PM
Senior Tech
Charlie

If you have an EPS manifold, then it is not a spread bore manifold. The EPS is a square bore manifold. Edelbrock does not list an EPS manifold with a spread bore flange. The only spread bore flanges they offer are the standard Performer(2101), the Performer Vortec(2116), Performer Air Gap(2601) and the Performer RPM Q-Jet(7104). If in fact you do have an EPS, I do not recommend running a spread bore to square bore adapter. If it's a standard Performer or one of the other manifolds I listed, they should have holes for both square and spread bore on them. I agree with the need for a carb insulator, but DO NOT use a flange adapter.

Charlie Knudsen 67 Camaro RS/SS 350 TKO 600, 4.10's, AFR 195 Street Heads, Comp 270H, Rhoads Lifters, Crane Ignition, Pertronix Dizzy, Performer RPM Q-Jet, Heavily Modified Q-Jet, Hooker Comp Headers, MagnaFlow 2 1/2", 144 Decibles(Alpine CDA-7998 Head Unit, RF X7 and RF 750X Amps, MB Quart Mid's & High's, Kicker L7 12" Solo Barics)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 09, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Patrick

Its a 2701 intake. Thank you.

1968 Convertible L92 VVT project, Hotchkiss lowering front & rear.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Oct 22nd, 09, 06:58 AM
Senior Tech
Charlie

The 2701 is a square bore manifold, not a spread bore. You don't need a flange adapter for a 2701. The 1406 carb is square bore and so is the 2701 manifold. All you need is the phenolic 4 hole spacer if you want low end or an open hole spacer if you want top end. Here is the picture of the Performer EPS manifold listed on the Edelbrock website. Definately a square bore mounting flange.

Charlie Knudsen 67 Camaro RS/SS 350 TKO 600, 4.10's, AFR 195 Street Heads, Comp 270H, Rhoads Lifters, Crane Ignition, Pertronix Dizzy, Performer RPM Q-Jet, Heavily Modified Q-Jet, Hooker Comp Headers, MagnaFlow 2 1/2", 144 Decibles(Alpine CDA-7998 Head Unit, RF X7 and RF 750X Amps, MB Quart Mid's & High's, Kicker L7 12" Solo Barics)

Last edited by 67CamaroRS/SS; Oct 22nd, 09 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Added Picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode