What cam for street 454? - Page 2 - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 09, 02:30 PM
Senior Tech
greg

Re: What cam for street 454?

Comp 282S 236-236- would work well in your combo and have better low end than the comp 280 hydraulic and will pull 15-16" of vacuum lashed at .022. Nice street cam with lots of low and mid range and won't beat up your valve train. Old school is cool and works!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 09, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight-line-69 View Post
What tranny? Do you plan to swap rear gears soon to the 3.55's? Before you do that, you may want to consider a whole new rear-end. The original 40 year old 10-bolt isn't up to the task of 400+ HP.

Power brakes? A/C? Street and strip? Street only? Weekender or daily transportation?

Give us a few more details and you'll get some good advice.

Sorry for the delayed response, i've been away....The car has power brakes, stage 2 TH350, no A/C, street only. I will put a posi in the 10 bolt until I build a 9" diff. 12-bolts don't come up for sale in Australia....
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 09, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwilcar View Post
Comp 282S 236-236- would work well in your combo and have better low end than the comp 280 hydraulic and will pull 15-16" of vacuum lashed at .022. Nice street cam with lots of low and mid range and won't beat up your valve train. Old school is cool and works!!

Thanks for the recommendation. I am definitely going solid...and tossing up between the CC282s and Lunati 402A2Lun.

I have noted that Harold normally recommends non-symmetrical lobe designs too, which most Comp Cams seem to be?

I think it should go close to 500hp. I use 98ron petrol as its readily available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode