PCV hose - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 09, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ken

PCV hose

A minor issue but: A little help please. I found NOS valve cover PCV tubes, but I am having a hard time finding the little curved rubber PCV hose that goes from stock air cleaner to valve cover. I have a repro that is supposed to be for a 67 Z-28 that I thought might work but the ID is way too large. Does anyone have a line on where I can look to find one, or two? (I have two Auto Therms that I have restored and want to have both complete.) A repro will do but I haven't been able to find one listed for my 69 RS/SS 350 with the Auto Therm air cleaner. I see them for BBs and Z-28s and Cowls and open elements, but not for mine. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old Oct 29th, 09, 05:02 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
BILL

Re: PCV hose

Auto therm air cleaner!!! WHAT IS THAT??..Maybe im dumb?? I have your car...do you have a closed or open air cleaner??..4bbl im assuming??
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 09, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ken

Auto-Therm air cleaners had a vacuum-operated flapper attached to a housing on the snorkle that opened to, or closed off the snorkle to hot air coming up from the heat riser on the exhaust manifold. Wish I knew how to send pics. Heres a link: http://www.CAMAROCENTRAL.COM/product_p/air-100.htm

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 09, 10:03 PM
Senior Tech
ED

Ken in the link you posted if you click on air cleaner section on left and scroll down there are three hoses listed. Is this what you got and is to big? I'm going through this now with my 69 sbc if i should connect my air cleaner pipe to breather. I do not have that thermal valve. Read searches on debates if i should run pvc. Engine bulder says no but i don't want a oily mess under hood
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 09, 06:45 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Did you try Ricks' Camaro or Ground up? They both have a few hoses that might be what you're looking for.

69 SS, 350/300 h.p., M-20, 12 bolt, matching numbers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 09, 12:23 PM
Tech Team
Ed

So happens I am looking for the exact part for the exact 69SS/RS 350. At least I think we are looking for the same part. The hose is approx. 3/4" diameter and 5" long with a 90 degree bend and goes from the passenger side valve cover to the main body of the stock air cleaner (not to the snorkel). I believe this one at Classic Industries is the right part.

Part no. K0161

http://www.classicindustries.com/camaro/K0161.html

If you go to that link the description says it is for a 67 Z28, but if you go to page 714 of their catalog (available for download from their website) it says it is also for a 69SB.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 09, 12:45 PM
Tech Team
Ed

They also have the same part at Rick's

http://www.rickscamaros.com/product....dept%5Fid=3153

I talked to them and the hose is 3/4" I.D. I put a 3/4" heater hose on mine yesterday as a temp and it was the correct diameter - so I would say it is the correct hose.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 09, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ken

Sorry I didn't see your posts earlier guys. I haven't checked-in for a while. Hope my delay didn't cause any problems.

The hose I got from Classic IS the K0161, and it has a 7/8" i.d. which is too large for the NOS PCV vent tube. 3/4" i.d. would be right. Anyone else get this one? Is it possible it was mis-packaged?

I'll check with Rick's. If it's 3/4" I'm in business.

Y'know, I've had much better luck buying parts form Rick's than Classic…I'm just sayin'…
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 18th, 09, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ken

I saw that one, but since it was actually the same picture at a different size, I was leery. I check Rick's first (since they have the pretty one with all the lovely lettering) and go from there. Thanks! I am NO expert, but from what I've learned about PCV—it's good to get the caustic gases out of the engine. Sucking them out via PCV is probably better for the engine than just venting them—but maybe not the best thing if max-performance is your primary goal.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 09, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ken

I just checked with Rick's. The SB-11 hose is NOT 3/4" It is correct only for the 67 302 which I imagine is the same as the one from Classic which is 7/8" i.d. I will report back if I find it.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old Nov 19th, 09, 04:35 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

Ken, I feel your pain. With my twisted carb mount on my torquer 2, that hose had to be longer. I never took the time to find a proper one and no such hose was made just for my setup. Then, after 38 years I took my valve cover elbow to my favorite parts house. Told 'em I needed to eyeball their hose selection. It's usually not a problem getting into the stock room if they know you. I found the proper size hose with an assortment of bends. A few minutes of study at home and cuts were made. Perfect. 38 years, no more pain.

One owner 69 Camaro,(yep, bought it new
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
RS SS Hugger Orange, L88, 4:10's tru-tack posi, ducted hood, Endura, spoilers.
TH400 (CX) with Coan 8" converter, GV-OD, 8 track still on console and best et 10.495,
128.79mph 1.428 60'
All with 1960's stuff. (except tires and converter)
+ MT Super Scavenger headers & 3" full exhaust with X pipe. 3700 lbs. with me in it.
1000cfm AED and HD Harold-Lunati SR, 725 lift with shaft rockers too.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 6th, 10, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ken

Just an update in case anyone is still interested. Still have found no hose BUT I did finally find the right part number for a 69, 4bbl, closed-element air cleaner, non-cowl induction hood.

CORRECT Part number 3942526 from group number 1.762
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 10, 02:14 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Dear Sir, Do you suppose I could get a picture of your air cleaner pcv set up ... I too have the 350 SS Automatic so yesss AUTO THERM air cleaner ... I have an elbow temp on the backside from valve cover to air cleaner body, but I am interested in the stock appearance and function ... Thanks Kevin (kmg1969ss)
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 10, 03:29 AM
Senior Tech
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmg1969ss View Post
Dear Sir, Do you suppose I could get a picture of your air cleaner pcv set up ... I too have the 350 SS Automatic so yesss AUTO THERM air cleaner ... I have an elbow temp on the backside from valve cover to air cleaner body, but I am interested in the stock appearance and function ... Thanks Kevin (kmg1969ss)
There are two excellent pics in this thread by John Z. at CRG of a
'69 L-48 automatic
http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=4767.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode