Mystery Holley looking carb. Can you guess what this is???? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 09, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Mystery Holley looking carb. Can you guess what this is????

Sorry.....no pics. That's the problem. I have a guy trying to sell me a main body that he called a Proform HP but it doesn't sound like an proform I've had. What's throwing me is that he is claiming the main body is a 2 piece. It has a top and bottom held on with an allen bolt where the carb stud would go!!!! I thought it might have been a Fi throttle body but he knows the difference. I am going to cut at paste the conversation and guesses would be appreciated. Here you go:

"i havent retreaved the main body yet... i tried to find a stock photo on the web and couldnt find any on ebay,summit,jegs,ect... its really starting to puzzle me... it really looks trick, i wouldnt think i have the only one on the planet"

"its how it was made... both pieces are anodized all the way around, the top rezembles this dominator i attached, same venturi design, smaller air bleeds... the body is not as big as the one pictured, just at a smaller scale... the center horn would be a allen head... regardless ill have pics soon... im actually hunting now"

Have you guys ever heard of a 2 piece main body carb that bolts together???

Guess I'll have to post a pic in the morning when he sends one to me. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 09, 07:31 PM
Banned
Ron

Re: Mystery Holley looking carb. Can you guess what this is????

Hi Justin....I'm back!, after spending 30 days in the hole!!....No, I've never heard of a 2 piece main body Holley!.....I don't even believe it's possible as the bowl vents would interfere with the discharge nozzle!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 2nd, 09, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Re: Mystery Holley looking carb. Mystery solved and here it is!!!

Ron....do you mean you were in jail or did Dennis suspend you for off color humor???? lol

You do walk the edge huh?

Here is that main body! It's from Procomp Electronics and I'm wondering if this is the same Procomp that we don't walk....we run from??? Here is a pic and a link to the website. Sure looks cool but so does their other stuff. Just wondering if this is all bark and no bite????

http://www.procompelectronics.com/in...oduct_id=37733

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Nov 3rd, 09, 06:19 PM

Re: Mystery Holley looking carb. Can you guess what this is????

YES, that IS the very same Pro-Comp we run as hard and fast away from as is humanly possible. More than likely, these are made in China, as are all Pro-Comp junk parts, at the absolute lowest bidder's factory, by people making less than peanuts per hour.

Regards,

Milton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode