82 350 - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 10, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
corey

82 350

Hey guys,I have a bit of a problem and was wondering if you could help. I ust put a new comp cam in, and new lifters . I just finished breaking in the cam . Iam wondering the car almost boggs when you rev the car fast , and idles a bit rough , it almost sounds like it was not running on all 8 cylinders does this seem like a tunning issue or somthing else
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 10, 09:35 PM
Senior Tech
Tom

Smile Re: 82 350

You didn't mention the "type" of cam. Hydraulic, solid, or roller ? It could be your lifter adjustment, it could be timing, it could be wrong wires on cylinders. (firing order)... we need more info.

69 Camaro -originally a LM1 car. 327, Edelbrock E-streets, hooker, DUI performance distributors, ultradyne cam, stewart, TRW etc. Vintage Air, AGR steering, Corbeau GTSII seats, 700R4 transmission, 12-bolt w/Eaton 4.11:1
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 10, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
corey

Re: 82 350

oh sorry , its a hydraulic flat tappet comp cam not sure the duration on its nothing extream , its got the comp hydraulic lifters

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 10, 09:23 AM
Senior Tech
Tom

Smile Re: 82 350

You might have tightened your rocker arms to tight. You can adjust them with the car running. It is messy ! Oil goes all over ! Use lots of rags ! Loosen each rocker until you here a ticking sound. Tighten rocker arm until noise stops, and then tighten 1/2 turn. Go on to next rocker (lifter).

Also recheck your timing. Are you still running the computer controlled distributor and carburetor ?

69 Camaro -originally a LM1 car. 327, Edelbrock E-streets, hooker, DUI performance distributors, ultradyne cam, stewart, TRW etc. Vintage Air, AGR steering, Corbeau GTSII seats, 700R4 transmission, 12-bolt w/Eaton 4.11:1
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 10, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
corey

ok thanks for all the help i will do that today, oh I dont no if this belongs here or not but I have the msd street fire ditributer it has a tach port on so I ran my wire from my tach to it but some timesthe tach will just stop working any idea why?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 16th, 10, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
corey

hey all thanks for the help I adjusted the rockers , some of them were pretty over tightened , so I just want to say thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode