Good deal on Patriot heads? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 10, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Good deal on Patriot heads?

There is a good deal on patriot heads on line direct from company. They are 190 runners with 202/160 valves. The spark plug holes have been repaired. I want to put them on a 355 sbc with a new cam and lifters. They are $795. I have read differing views on these heads on this forum. I am building a street driver hoping to get about 400hp. Should I avoid these or go for it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 10, 01:06 PM
Senior Tech
AJ

Re: good deal on patriot heads?

Do another search, your going to find more bad than good.
I've dealt with them first hand, look up posts by me, you will see the pics and problems I've had, and most likely what you will have.
What do you mean the spark plug holes were repaired?
Did they also correct the crappy head geometry, valve pocket machining, and various other problems- Nope.

The only Mustang I'd ever own is a Fender.

'68 333" Camaro
'14 5.0 Mustang
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 10, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Sometimes a good deal can cost a lot in the end. I guess I should look at rhs or dart from aerohead. Thanks for the reply

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 10, 10:14 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

Yes, put the patriot heads down, and slowly back away......it will be ok.

1969 Camaro....LS1/T-56.............
In the early stages of Pro-Touring

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 10, 10:16 PM
Senior Tech
AJ

No problem, after 2 different intake swaps, 3 sets of gaskets, rtv, tuning/retuning, elongating bolt holes, and having to wait 3-5 days for patriot (white performance) to send me the correct parts needed for their heads, I could have got a set of AFR's, brodix, dart... and probably cost the same, and been a bolt on no frills mod.

White performance's stainless steel full roller rockers with big studs and poly locks are quality pieces and only $90-100

'68 333" Camaro
'14 5.0 Mustang
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old Feb 6th, 10, 07:40 PM
Senior Tech
Brad

Re: Good deal on Patriot heads?

Or you could get off this forum jump on the phone order the Patriot heads put them on your car and burn rubber all the way down the street! All the while everybody else is bashing products they never tried. If you look close Ace's68 is all over every thread that has to do with the Pat heads. Hes one guy. Ive read threads on almost every head brand that some guy had a problem with. They've been selling these heads for years and still sell them every day..

Most recent 01/01/10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 10, 07:22 AM
DT
Gold Lifetime Member
Donny

Garage

A sucker is born everyday.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 10, 12:00 PM
Senior Tech
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT View Post
A sucker is born everyday.
Whats thats supposed to mean?? What Patriot head do you have??

Most recent 01/01/10

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 10, 08:30 PM
Senior Tech
AJ

Yep, I'm just a salesman pushing name brand heads.
We didn't land on the moon either.
Not to drag other people in on this, but the guy who posted above me saw first hand all the stuff that was wrong with the heads, so did my neighbor with a 10.5 outlaw chevelle that runs 8.11's.
Don't take it from us though, please.

'68 333" Camaro
'14 5.0 Mustang
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old Feb 7th, 10, 11:10 PM
Senior Tech
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace's68 View Post
Yep, I'm just a salesman pushing name brand heads.
We didn't land on the moon either.
Not to drag other people in on this, but the guy who posted above me saw first hand all the stuff that was wrong with the heads, so did my neighbor with a 10.5 outlaw chevelle that runs 8.11's.
Don't take it from us though, please.
I didnt thats why I run alum. heads, roller rockers, roller cam, 4 core alum rad, 16in fan, fan relay kit, over flow bottle and intake for 1500.00. If my addition is right thats how much a set of AFR's are. I dont race and either does anyone reading this thread. Cause if you did you would be wasting your time.

So your friend with the 8.10 chevelle spent 800.00 on heads I dont think so???Thats shipped now. Whats your prob.??? You dont have a life??? You trash everybodys Ideas as if they have no brain. We should ALL listen to you the almighty, who has so much time to trash online racers. Most of us dont have 2Gs to spend on cars. We have kids and houses and dogs, cats, sewer , electric ,tax and car insurance chill out a little.
I read your post 6 months ago and thought that guy got ripped off! Maybe if you didnt have a stick so far up your A** Patroit would have treated you better. think about it!! Really think about it!!!! In the past year you jumped all over anyone who mentioned Patriot, you trashed talk and abused their name! All in all you still have the edacity to say the heads make power!!!!!

I cant believe anybody listens to your c***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean after all the [email protected]# you talk you dont run Patriot anymore right?????

Most recent 01/01/10

Last edited by spideynut; Feb 7th, 10 at 11:40 PM. Reason: BS
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 10, 12:09 AM
Senior Tech
AJ

I don't know where your getting that I said my friend wit the chevelle runs patriot heads, he simply looked over them when installed in my camaro, he knows alot about cars and how things work, he thought they were total crap.
Their quality of heads speaks for itself.
Next time shoot me a PM.
I don't have anything up anywhere, I just want to make sure everyone knows what they are getting into when purchasing patriot heads.
For then money and not fitting, yes, it was a poor deal, and investment, you get what you pay for.
Your posts are awfully confusing, I think if you calm down and re-read what everyone is saying here, you will get the point.

'68 333" Camaro
'14 5.0 Mustang
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 10, 12:35 AM
Senior Tech
Brad

What so confusing?

You say dont buy Patriots cause their "total crap" But yet you run them.

I say go for it! I have 2 sets they run fine. Gaskets match rockers work fine intake is port matched, car revs over 6500. What else do i need to say?????

Just cause you got a bad set (so you say) doesnt mean you should avoid it like the swine flu. Whos to say you don know what your doing? Your 1 person posting on every "Patroit" hit in the search. Dont you get it, you got ripped off!! not me you!! Are you still confused?????

Most recent 01/01/10

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 10, 09:57 PM
Senior Tech
AJ

I bought them, I paid the $, I got what I paid for, what do you not understand about trying to warn others?
As far as my mechanical skills go, I've pulled and replaced GM heads on AT LEAST 5 different motors, & twice on my motor, went from GM heads, to patriots.
Whose to say I don't know what I'm doing? Well I have experience, been doing it since I was 14 years old, and worked for my cousins race team, AND I scored a 99% on the asvab mechanical skills which I think is a mandate that every high school has to distribute the test, so, my sophomore year, I knew more than 99% of the population who has taken the asvab about mechanical skills.

BTW... How do your rockers line up? My heads are 190cc, and when the runners get to 20cc's you have to use offset rockers, yet these are only 190cc and don't align. Also when I called them to ask if the intake has to be milled because of the fitment issue they said "no" and were kinda grumpy about it...

'68 333" Camaro
'14 5.0 Mustang
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 10, 10:43 PM
Senior Tech
Levi

Drama...ok well when I see a good head even summits heads going for about 1100 shipped and patriots heads about 800. When it seems to good to be true, it usually is.

1975 Camaro "Black Out"
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old Feb 8th, 10, 10:54 PM
Senior Tech
AJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Bad75. View Post
Drama...ok well when I see a good head even summits heads going for about 1100 shipped and patriots heads about 800. When it seems to good to be true, it usually is.
Wasn't intended, I hate it, I usually solve things through PM's but when someone questions me like that, and calls me out with vulgar language, I wanted to let everyone know where I was coming from, I have pics and a few people to back everything up, it's not just me being what was listed above.
My patriots had alot of issues.

AFR, Brodix, Dart are all great heads, I really like brodix, and I've heard good things about summit and jegs brand though they are pretty much stock replacement heads.
GMfastburn, vortec, and edelbrock e-tec are other good heads to look into, though they are a little more $$$.

'68 333" Camaro
'14 5.0 Mustang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode