Pep roller rockers - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 10, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
tom

Pep roller rockers

has anyone heard of or used these arms talked to my engine guy and he said these are what he is usin for my 383 pep stainless roller rockers 1.6 and 7/16 stud any thoughts

thanks tom

p.s. he putin a crower 00471 hyd. roller cam in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 10, 04:45 PM
Senior Tech
Mike

Re: pep roller rockers

I'm pretty sure they're cheap Chinese knockoffs. Stick with Comps, Scorpions, Harland Sharp, etc.

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 10, 05:42 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

PEP = C.A.T POWER ENGINE PARTS

May be OK.... depends on a lot of things...spring pressure,rpms,lift...Mild build,hydraulic lifter cam...just might be fine.
Solid roller,7000+ rpms,600+ lift

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 10, 08:17 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

When purchasing tools, I have one rule - I always buy the best tool I can afford. I feel the same way about valve train parts. A rocker arm failure has such catastrophic consequences for the rest of the engine, that it's simply not a place I want to save money. I'd look for a name brand part with a good reputation. Besides, there are a lot of deals out there right now for SBC parts.

Mike - '68 Camaro with lots of stuff done to it.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 10, 05:36 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
tom

hey i found out these are made buy precision engine parts in vegas but i still can't find any info on them any idea's

thanks tom
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 10, 08:00 PM
Senior Tech
Ron

Re: Pep roller rockers

I've no experience with PEP parts; but, Pro Mags, Crower, Jessel = Big Bucks; and for the money, I think Harland Sharps are best buy if you're after 7G and you can run 600lbs springs with any of these rockers.

I run Pro MAGS with 210 seat and 520 on the toe with a 490 rate but then I got money tied up in my 7G SR MK IV Mill. As far as I'm concerned the OEM Valve train components (Rockers, Springs) are just fine with Cams under .500" lift, 112 to 118 seat pressures for FT but don't push the RPM's. I would say the CC 925 Springs are about MAX for FT and recommend quality Rockers like Harland Sharp and ISKY Push Rods if you intend breaching 6G rpm on a regular bases, machine your heads for Screw in Studs, Guide Plates and open the Spring Pockets to 1.439" for a SBC. The Guides must be in good shape and recommend guide tops cut for Perfect Seals. This does not include valves or a machinists capable of grinding seats per specs, CC'g, bowl shaping or porting ... etc.

Basically the Valve train has to be maintained to specs in a Hi-Perf Engine. Once set up a Solid FT or SR Engine is capable of running the season without adjustment. I would not dismiss that Hydraulic Lifter Valve trains can be over looked between seasonal maintainence intervals.

A stock 283 will rev 8G's but doesn't mean it will live ;o)

Z15CAM - There was a Viper in my Rear View

This was my 70 1/2 Z28

Last edited by Z15CAM; Feb 10th, 10 at 11:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode