Cam Question - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 10, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Cam Question

OK guys, looking for opinions and I know you got em.

My current setup:

'69 350 engine, +.060, 10-1 pistons, Summit cast iron heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap intake, Holley SA 670 carb, Mallory Unilite Dist, headers, TH350 with shift kit, 2000 stall convertor, 3.73 gears, 26" tire

I started years ago with the CompCams XE262, then went with the XE268 http://www.compcams.com/Cam_Specs/Ca...x?csid=86&sb=2 that I have in there now. Camaros and TransAms get ahead of me off the line but my Chevelle really cranks up around 2400rpm and pulls nicely to 6000rpm where I usually shift it.

I am not going to change the rear gear as it is a daily driver. I can't afford to put the 700R4 in there this year though I know the lower 1st gear would help with my 60' times. I do have one suggestion already for the Lunati Voodoo 60103 http://www.lunatipower.com/Product.aspx?id=1984 or 60104 http://www.lunatipower.com/Product.aspx?id=1985 .

I do have a line on a 2400 stall convertor which will help as well but I am in the mood for a cam change! Granted I am trying to "do it all" with my 4-door, kid-haulin, camper pulling, daily driver drag race car so I do keep that in mind as there are trade-offs in the hobby. Just want a little more set-of-the-pants feel I guess.

I have heard great comments on the Voodoo cams but they all lean towrds the 268 with my setup. Comparing the Comp 268 to the Lunati 268 shows very little difference but there is some. Anybody have experience I can consider for this year's upgrade???

Thank you!

Darren
1970 Chevelle ALL ORIGINAL
1972 4-door Chevelle 355/350/3.73posi
1998 Silverado/Z71/Extended/5.7L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 10, 08:41 PM
Senior Tech
Ron

Re: Cam Question

Even if you are not putting in a taller gear for Daily Driver, I suggest CC's XTREME MARINE™ Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts. Something like the XM262H-12 or XM270H-12. A shorter duration INT with that longer duration and higher lift on the EXT on a 112 LSA will broaden the Torque Curve and maintain Hi-Revs with your heavier ride; besides, nothing sounds a good as a Marine Ext-Note - LOL

Z15CAM - There was a Viper in my Rear View
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This was my 70 1/2 Z28

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Z15CAM; Feb 16th, 10 at 08:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode