Want To Put a LS2 in my 69 Camaro - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 10, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Greg

Question Want To Put a LS2 in my 69 Camaro

I just bought a 69 Camaro what advice can you give me I've been talk'n 2 alot of people and everyones got there own opinion. First of all it's just a roll'n chasis has no motor/tranny,all the body is straight no rust just been painted. Some ppl say put in a small block 383 others say big 396 and others say Ls2 So I know your question "what am I looking for?" I would like to have a stop light burner 4-500 HP yet a car that you can drive 1000 miles not overheat, pretty much a street cruiser that I can take to the track every now and then. Yet still have the family jump in take a cruise to the winery and so on.(not radical head banger) Was leaning towards LS2 I have a 12 bolt rear end wanna put some 373's in. Worried about how complicated it would be to put a LS2 in it? My car is completely empty so where do I start "painless wiring"? I heard about a engine mounting kit spose 2 move the motor 3" off the fire wall no fab work where would I find this? Would really like to talk 2 somebody that has actually done this everybody I talked to said they heard/saw it but can't steer me in right direction. Has all interior but needs to be restored also previous owner took drums off the front to install disc brakes. What I really wanna do is put some 20's on rear and 18's front what tire sizes and do I have to tub it? Also want to install A/C, need help did I join the right site or need to check out others any help? Also where is a good place to find parts? Previous owner installed all new bushings coils springs etc. so I plan to keep it goin would like to buy new but also not tryn 2 put a million dollars in it either. Thanks for your help

When in Doubt!!! KNOCK'em OUT!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 10, 09:44 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

Re: Want To Put a LS2 in my 69 Camaro

Beyond recommending an LSx engine and a modern overdrive transmission, you have too many questions to be answered in this thread. I suggest you look at some Camaro build threads using LSx engines. Start here: https://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=132497 and look at Pro-Touring.com and Lateral-g.net as well.

LSx headers for a first generation Camaro are designed to work with a particular set of motor mounts; pick your headers and buy the recommended adapter plates. I'd also recommend you spend some time reading about suspension, camber correction, the IROC steering box, etc., etc. Frankly, the drive train is the last thing you should be focussed on, even though it's what most folks pick first.

Mike - '68 Camaro with lots of stuff done to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 10, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Greg

Thumbs up Re: Want To Put a LS2 in my 69 Camaro

Sweet!!! Just what I'm talkn about!!! wanna hook mine up like that.

When in Doubt!!! KNOCK'em OUT!!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 10, 09:13 PM
Senior Tech

Re: Want To Put a LS2 in my 69 Camaro

This will get you started...

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...e-threads.html

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...ro-basics.html

If you are looking for power for peanuts LSX(LS1,LS2,LS3,LQ4,LQ9)

You prob will find more info on LS1tech.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode