Help me understand 68 fuel line routing - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 10, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Help me understand 68 fuel line routing

My current 68 3-piece fuel line was a piece meal job by the previous owner. I am trying to replace it with an original one. I am looking at the picture below of a fuel line and having a hard time understanding as to how exactly the routing would work out. Why are both of the ends of the line on the same side...or is that just an illusion in the picture.

Matt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 10, 08:24 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Skip

Re: Help me understand 68 fuel line routing

Matt,
The bottom part in that picture goes from the outer frame and up into the motor compartment with a helper to make sure nothing gets scratched and makes it easyer to rout it threw. Next the person under the car will start to feed it back and over the rear end and at the same time try to straighten it out up to the floor pan, once its at the gas tank. Keep it bent until you proceed under and to the rear, there will be some twisting or turning and bending but not much. I did it with 1/2 SS lines and that was tough.

The man thing is start forward and work your way back, but only straighten it out once you have it over the rear end, this makes it alot easyer.

I NEED TO HIT THE LOTTERY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 10, 08:28 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bruce

The curved bend on the right side of the picture is a shipping bend and must be straightened out.It should have tags on it showing you were to straighten it.Bruce

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 29th, 10, 09:52 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Matt

Ahh...shipping bend - that makes sense. Thanks for the tips on how to install, I was hoping there were some.

Matt

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 30th, 10, 06:10 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter55 View Post
Matt,
The bottom part in that picture goes from the outer frame and up into the motor compartment with a helper to make sure nothing gets scratched and makes it easyer to rout it threw. Next the person under the car will start to feed it back and over the rear end and at the same time try to straighten it out up to the floor pan, once its at the gas tank. Keep it bent until you proceed under and to the rear, there will be some twisting or turning and bending but not much. I did it with 1/2 SS lines and that was tough.

The man thing is start forward and work your way back, but only straighten it out once you have it over the rear end, this makes it alot easyer.
AhhhI ran ( 2 ) 1/2 stainless lines next to eachother. Needless to say they didn't like running next to eachother. What a PITA.

1968 Camaro Convertible ,350 TWIN TURBO , PTC 3000 stall, Hotchkis TVS kit / Subframe connectors, Caltracs, 9" rear, Street Star wheels (P275/40ZR17 / P235/45/17) , Electric cutouts. [B] .....FOR SALE.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode