What spark plug to use? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 11, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

What spark plug to use?

I just put an engine in a car that will be driven to a few cruise nights. It's a 396 with Pro Comp Aluminum heads. Mild cam just for driving. Anybody have a preference? Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 27th, 11, 11:28 PM
Senior Tech
Steps

Re: What spark plug to use?

Brand..everyone has a personal prefernce..mine has been NGK for the last 20 yrs, before that german bosh, before that Aussie Champion.
Heat...you need to run as cold a plug as possible without fouling up...so read your plugs and the next set choose.
U may also notice the cnr plugs ..espec the front cnrs...tend to foul a little more than the rest....its fine to run a hotter plug in those 'pots'

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 11, 07:55 AM
Banned
Bethanne

I'm using Champion RC12YC in my edelbrock BBC aluminum heads. $2 ea.

They are 1/4" shorter for header clearance. Be sure to use a little anti-seize on the threads !

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 11, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I have to use the small 5/8 plugs in these heads I guess. This is my first set of aftermarket heads. I have originals but didn't want to waste them on this car. I guess what I really wanted to ask was EXACTLY what spark plug will fit and what heat range would be best for just cruising. Thank for the replies.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 11, 11:44 PM
Senior Tech
darrell

i have a 468 with same heads =i use autolite -let you know tommorow rhe numbers on them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode