Engine Performance - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 16th, 11, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Aaron

Engine Performance

Names Aaron, Im about to be purchasing a Camaro next weekend and dropping everything out and building it myself mainly just engine and tranny. First of all im dropping a 454 biggie in it and its an 85 camaro. Im wanting to get a supercharger thrown on it and i was wondering, it being a big block built for that power when i throw a supercharge on it will i have to beef up the cam, rods, ext. Second of all im also looking for a great tranny for the 454 to be able to handle the hp im hoping to get out of it. Any Suggestions? Last but not least, iv worked on alot of newer cars and know my was around the engine pretty well but older ones im not so sure, is there any other way to get the max hp im looking for out of this engine besides the supercharger. I just need specific details and suggestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 11, 04:52 AM
Senior Tech
darrell

Re: Engine Performance

1st i assume your gonna put a K member in it and remove the towers for the bbc to fit-
2nd if you decide the supercharger route--it probably get exspensive--would use lunati
rods and a good crank plus supercharger pistons--a nice set of heads and roller cam might do with alittle juice--strictly drag car, i would use a glide for a streetable car -i would go th400
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 11, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Aaron

Okay, say i dont take the supercharger route what am i looking at to get that max performance, like i said iv taken engines out and put some in never really messed with the internals but iv always done everything myself after taking it apart im damn sure ill remember how it goes back together.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 11, 09:24 PM
Senior Tech
darrell

mine is a 468 strictly drag--makes 710hp 663lbs tq--12.7 comp -budget pro comp heads
with alots of work ferrera valves manley rods and all the extras -700lift roller---1000hp on nos---u can make more but a 496 would get u further for the money--gotta think what u gonna do for rearend--i sold a 85 camaro street strip car a year ago with 355 with 550hp--the rearend only went 2 runs before chunking pieces out the inspection cover--8.2 wont take alot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode