Lucky day?? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 11, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Hector

Lucky day??

Well went outside started the car and forgot the keys to the trunk.. Went back inside grab a cup of coffee and started back out.. As I walked to the car..all of a sudden it started to smoke and noticed something pooling under car... Hobbled over and shut car off.. Opened the hood.. And discovered that the oil plressure line had split..... I was lucky I was on my way out because in less than 15 seconds it pumped out about 1/2 quart.. That was addressed.. .. So backed it into my driveway turned the wheel and ot out to see if I had enough room to finish my spring swap.. When all of a sudden the car starts to stall and I see gas pouring out the bottom.... Car stalls I open the hood and guess what...the fuel line came off the fuel pump...

Also noticed that the shop also didn't use the correct motor mount bolts...(the bolts that hold the motor mount to the frame stands) They were to long so the used a lug nut on each bolt as as spacers

Two major catastrophe avoid by shear luck...the shop I paid to do the engine swap really half azz it...

68 Camaro Coup, BBC ,2457 headers, th400 , ford 9", Hotchkiss connectors,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 11, 03:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

Re: Lucky day??

Sounds like you can and should do your own swaps.

One owner 69 Camaro,(yep, bought it new
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
RS SS Hugger Orange, L88, 4:10's tru-tack posi, ducted hood, Endura, spoilers.
TH400 (CX) with Coan 8" converter, GV-OD, 8 track still on console and best et 10.495,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
128.79mph 1.428 60'
All with 1960's stuff. (except tires and converter)
+ MT Super Scavenger headers & 3" full exhaust with X pipe. 3700 lbs. with me in it.
1000cfm AED and HD Harold-Lunati SR, 725 lift with shaft rockers too.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 11, 03:27 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Yikes!! Scary stuff.

'67 rs - ordered new by my Grandfather
327 L30, K-K, Deluxe int, tach & gauges, 12 bolt posi, 4 speed.

-

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 11, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Hector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Ficarra View Post
Sounds like you can and should do your own swaps.

Fred if I wasn't wearing this leg immobilizer.. I would have done it myself.. But not being able to bend your leg and crutches make things difficult

You should have seen me swapping springs yesterday.. Got all my tools Placed them on the ground and sat on a crate with one leg extended straight... Once I was down I just dragged myself around the car...after everything was done had wife and step daughter help me up..

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 11, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Hector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose RS View Post
Yikes!! Scary stuff.

Melrose I have a ton of stuff I need to address before I can actually take this car on a nice ride.....

I was really lucky today...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode