motor mount brackets - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 21st, 14, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

motor mount brackets

Having a hell of a time finding correct engine mount brackets (block side not frame mounts) for a 1980 C-10 pickup. It came with a 6 cylinder and I'm swapping it for a small block. It appears to need the same type brackets used on 2nd gen. F bodies, but there are no such aftermarket brackets listed for 1973-1987 Chevy trucks and GM has discontinued them. None of the local salvage yards were any help either.

There were several different brackets used during that time period on different model cars and trucks. Some taller than others and some models used different right and left mounts to get an offset. This truck has plenty of space under the hood, no air-co and no power anything to have to work around. My thinking is that pretty much any one of the bracket part numbers will work providing that both sides are the same. I was thinking of these since that is all I've been able to come up with. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/oer-332648

Any help, thoughts or ideas would be much appreciated.

Mark

68 327 4-speed 3.42 posi and a sunroof
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best so far... 13.25 at 106mph

78 Firebird 350/T350 3.23 posi
65 Mustang convert. 6 cyl. 3-speed
66 Mustang coupe 6 cyl. auto
80 Chevy C10 406 4-speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 21st, 14, 07:36 AM
Senior Tech
Steiner

Re: motor mount brackets

Here you go.
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=55

Rock Auto also shows three different manufacturers for the actual mount starting at $3 with part number 2292 for a 5.7L 1980 C10.

'69 Camaro
Dart 400-AFR 195-224/224 HR-Powerjection III TB with F.A.S.T. Sportsman XFI
TKO 600-Moser 3.42-Detroit Truetrac
500hp/538lbft

'69 Camaro Beater-SFT 327-M20-Moser 4.10-sold
'02 Z/28 vert-stock-sold and totaled
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 21st, 14, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

Thanks for the link Steiner. I was checking O'Reilly's, Autozone, Advance etc. trying to come up with something locally. I was hoping to drop the engine in this weekend but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Got the frame mounts covered. Thought the brackets were going to be easy as well.

Anyone know the difference, if there is one, between the second gen. F body brackets and the truck ones?

Mark

80 Chevy C10 406 4-speed

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 21st, 14, 12:48 PM
Senior Tech
Steiner

No problem. LMC is high, but for a lot of older truck parts they're the only game in town. Luckily I didn't have to get but a few things from them for the truck I did for Dad's Christmas gift.

'69 Camaro
Dart 400-AFR 195-224/224 HR-Powerjection III TB with F.A.S.T. Sportsman XFI
TKO 600-Moser 3.42-Detroit Truetrac
500hp/538lbft

'69 Camaro Beater-SFT 327-M20-Moser 4.10-sold
'02 Z/28 vert-stock-sold and totaled
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 21st, 14, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
LMC is high
That's the part I was trying to avoid.

This is a low budget work truck. Got the whole thing as a package deal. Lots of new parts, and an extra 'recently' (20 years ago) rebuilt 406 and extra Sag. 4-speed.

I was looking at the mounts on the Firebird sitting in my driveway and that's what lead me to the 2nd gen. brackets on the Summit website. Not sure what to order at this point. Thanks again.

Mark

80 Chevy C10 406 4-speed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode